or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Maury Markowitz

me: "television, findÂ…" my kid yelling: "gogglenAdfnd!" This will never work.
Well for a 1-a-week show that's one thing, but a daily show is another. And since the only thing I watch on cable is The Daily Show... Netflix rocks. BTW, I have a ATV2 and it doesn't have a TV menu of any sort - for rental or purchase. Is this a Canada thing?
Well put. Simply, MobileMe did not offer value that most customers were willing to pay for.As a result, Apple customers were losing out on a lot of functionality that would save them in an emergency. Things like Find my iPhone, backups, etc. It is in Apple's best interest to offer that for free.
Of all of these, keychain is the one I wanted the most. If I'm really going to have a random login for different sites, I need to be able to share it easily and keep it in sync. Otherwise when a password expires (etc) there's no way for me to remember what the new random one is when I move to my other machines. Suggestions?
As I said, I am aware of the feature. I find it useful in some contexts and not others. Obviously my question is how to get more fine-grain control over the process.
I use Preview as a quick viewer app - double click or download a PDF, read it, Quit. Now under Lion, this means all the old documents also open. I understand this idea, but it simply doesn't work with my workflow, and I'd like to turn it off. However, there's nothing in Preview's prefs that seems to control this. Ideas?
What if the electronics needed for the charge controller took up room that the battery would use and gave you 1 hour of power? How about then? Or, more likely, it added $25 wholesale and gave you the same power ad plugging in for 2 minutes?
I typed that on my iPhone, it dropped a decimal. It's 0.005 m.
I will, as an expert in this field, once again point out this simply will not happen. The physics are against you. In AM1.5 sunlight, what we get over most of the part of the world that has iProducts, you have 1000 watts of power per square meter of space. Conventional solar cells can capture about 15 to 20 percent of that, and the polymer ones talked about here are about half that. Power conversion will drop another 50% of that. So realistically you're looking at...
Indeed. That's just it, PC's are the way they are not because that's what people needed, but because its what the engineers at the companies wanted. THEY wanted general purpose machines you could open up and tinker with. From every graph I've seen, that represents something like 15% of the market. The other 85% never asked or wanted the complex machines that resulted.
New Posts  All Forums: