or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

Uhhh, it was me. A WD 250. But the original 40 was pretty noisy too. Which one do you have, the 40 or 160? Maury
Well I do like this, don't get me wrong... but: 1) still no real sleep mode?! I can't stand the sound of the drive. 2) Come on Apple, make a deal with Elgato for a plug-in tuner! Sheesh, I could chuck half my AV gear if it could just tune the friggin channels! (my TV can, but SLOOOOOWLY) Maury
At high cost. Given that there's a GSM carrier everywhere (even places with CDMA or PCS) developing a CDMA version only makes sense if you've got a carrier that really wants it and is willing to pay. Additionally, it's very clear that every CDMA and PCS carrier is switching to GSM over the next couple of years. Bell and Telus are bringing up their networks this month. Similar plans have been announced by every major carrier that isn't already using GSM. I applaud this...
I generally agree, although I think the operative word is "could", not "going to". Maury
That's not a bad idea. They could sell off some of the redundant bandwidth. Merging the two networks though? Yikes! Maury
I'm not so willing to write them off. If anyone can present a serious threat to the iPhone it's going to be Android. The Pre is just not happening, while WinMo and Symbian are clearly too far behind to catch up, and RIM, well as a Canuck I'd love to see better of them, but I just don't see the growth vectors in the consumer market once the iPhone goes multi-carrier. Google, on the other hand, has a pretty good platform technically, serious development cash, and the desire...
They're going to have HSPDA+ in SIX CITIES by the end of the year? What the heck are they doing? Bell and Telus rolled out a Canada-wide HSPDA+ network in less than one year. Canada's bigger and much less dense than the US. Seriously, if they can go national, what the heck is AT&T doing that's taking them so long? I'm starting to understand the frustration you have with these guys. Maury
But even if it does, so? People didn't ignore the Storm because of the screen. They ignored it because it was trying to be an iPhone without having any useful features. THAT problem they didn't fix, yet. Maury
Not to rub salt in that wound, but the situation up here in the GWN really is pretty good. Rogers/Fido has the exclusive now, but that's OK because their service is nothing short of spectacular. I have to drive at least an hour outside of Toronto before I lose 3G. Oddly, my GF's house is one location where I sometimes do.But if that were not enough, the other two major carriers, Telus and Bell, are both scared crapless that the Olympics meant everyone that visited with a...
Indeed. So this is going to hurt Apple eh? How, exactly? Let's just gloss over that one. Moving on, we'll instead note that Nike also withdrew (sort of), and concoct a conspiracy about the board members. Uhhhh, OK. Note that the other companies involved, like Pacific Gas & Electric, PNM Resources and Exelon, have no obvious connections at all, which basically blows that theory. Then, after noting that the companies are withdrawing over their stance on climate change, we'll...