or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

Somewhat. My original MP from '06 was $2699 for the base model. At the time the Canadian dollar was not what it is today, so this caused the price to be higher than in the US. The combination of eight years of inflation along with the stronger CAD means I'm paying pretty much *exactly* the same price for my new one. The same will not be true in the US, however. That said, there is zero doubt in my mind that Apple could sell a LOT more of these, assuming they'd want to,...
I don't think it's either. I ordered mine in early April. At the time the ship time was "6 to 8 weeks". So it would arrive last week of May. By the mid/end April, the times had been reduced to "4 to 6 weeks". So it would arrive the last week of May. By early May it was "3 to 4 weeks". So it would arrive the last week of May. Then it was "2 to 3 weeks". So it would arrive the last week of May. Now it is the last week of May, and the delivery time is one week. So it would...
And smart watches...
Wave Receipts takes an image of your bill, then scans and OCRs it at their end and sends you the results. Works just as well as any scanner I've seen, sans the scanner. So please, don't tell us the camera isn't good enough and is too hard to use. It is, and isn't. Receipts works.
The list of "the perfect machine" seems relatively short: 1) a second SSD slot2) at least one USB on the front (duh)3) replaceable GPUs4) (least important) perhaps a small-form hard drive bay (yes, ONE) With those relatively minor upgrades I think there's be zero complains with form factor.
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now. Every time they reduce the wait time, the delivery date stays the same. Meaning that when I ordered it in early April, the delivery date was the end of May. And after the first reduction, mentioned earlier here on AI, if you ordered it at the end of April the delivery date was the end of May. Whereas if you ordered it now, the delivery date is the end of May. Am I the only one that's noticed this? Any ideas of what's happening late...
Hmmm… in spite of my predilection to make a joke about overpriced form-over-function products at this point, I can't see any upside for Apple in this case. I've tried many products over the years, and by far the best bud-type solution is Apple's own. Beats, as the name suggests, are typical of modern base-heavy tuning that ruins the sound quality of anything other than hip-hop (and that too, but then it's a "good thing"). Apple has enough overpriced crap in it's lineup, it...
Yeah, but the wait times on existing orders didn't drop.   What this means is a *whole lot* of these will be going out at the end of this month, basically anything ordered in the last two months.   Which is kinda interesting.
Hmmm, for $1500 I can sell my existing MP and buy a new one that's one step up.   And the thing you actually want to upgrade, GPUs, still no solution there.
Great, an exec saying "experience". Let the MSification of Apple begin!