or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

The list of "the perfect machine" seems relatively short: 1) a second SSD slot2) at least one USB on the front (duh)3) replaceable GPUs4) (least important) perhaps a small-form hard drive bay (yes, ONE) With those relatively minor upgrades I think there's be zero complains with form factor.
I've been waiting for 6 weeks now. Every time they reduce the wait time, the delivery date stays the same. Meaning that when I ordered it in early April, the delivery date was the end of May. And after the first reduction, mentioned earlier here on AI, if you ordered it at the end of April the delivery date was the end of May. Whereas if you ordered it now, the delivery date is the end of May. Am I the only one that's noticed this? Any ideas of what's happening late...
Hmmm… in spite of my predilection to make a joke about overpriced form-over-function products at this point, I can't see any upside for Apple in this case. I've tried many products over the years, and by far the best bud-type solution is Apple's own. Beats, as the name suggests, are typical of modern base-heavy tuning that ruins the sound quality of anything other than hip-hop (and that too, but then it's a "good thing"). Apple has enough overpriced crap in it's lineup, it...
Yeah, but the wait times on existing orders didn't drop.   What this means is a *whole lot* of these will be going out at the end of this month, basically anything ordered in the last two months.   Which is kinda interesting.
Hmmm, for $1500 I can sell my existing MP and buy a new one that's one step up.   And the thing you actually want to upgrade, GPUs, still no solution there.
Great, an exec saying "experience". Let the MSification of Apple begin!
So for those of us who simply want to add some external storage, say a single 3.5" 2TB 7200RPM, do we need Thunderbolt? Or is USB3 fine? USB has the advantage to working with practically any computer, as well as being far less expensive. But will I notice any performance difference at all? Sure, TB is much faster than USB, but both are MUCH faster than any single HD, right?
 Because physics. If the wavelength is longer than the purple end of the spectrum, there is, literally, no way that it can "nuke" you. Only when you get into the UV range that the photons have enough energy to move around links in the DNA. So UV, x-rays, gammas, bad. Yellow, infra-red, radio waves, zero effect. WiFi is radio.
One of the nice things about my MP1,1 is that if the GPU goes I can swap it out with one of my old ones while I wait for a new replacement. Maybe no gaming, but at least I'm running.   What about the new MP? If one of the two GPUs dies, is the system down? I'd hate to lose my whole machine in that case.
"Apple includes a bank of LEDs behind the rear panel that light up automatically when the computer is swivelled" So is it on rollers or similar? Does it actually swivel on some sort of mechanism, or do you just turn it around like you were turning around a telephone or such?