or Connect

Posts by Maury Markowitz

What models of consumer GPUs do these correspond to? I know the D700/W9000 is basically a 7970, but what about the other two? I have a 4870 in my machine and it has served my gaming needs for some time now. But the latest games, especially steam, could use a boost. But given that the 4870 has lasted over three years, I wonder if a D300 might be all I would need for the next five?
Here in Cannuckistan the base model is $3099, so they're adding $100. I'm not even sure that does cover FX. I don't see why they would choose to gouge one country and not another, so I suspect the Oz price is inflated for real reasons. Interestingly, my original base-model MacPro1,1 cost me about $2700 (or $2800, I can't find the invoice). Plugging that into the Canadian inflation calculator gets me $3089, so basically the price has not changed since 2006. Since buying the...
This is a fantastic idea. Let's just hope it's *really* simple to use.
Canada has NFC everywhere, and anything that doesn't have NFC has chip-n-pin. Swiping is generally not allowed any more. Everywhere else is the same, outside the US. So basically this thing is useless to anyone but a small group in the US, which will almost certainly disappear shortly.
Data is considered to be facts, and is not eligible for copyright. That's why you can't sue someone for putting your address on their web site. This is absolutely NOT DCMAable, and the company sending out the complaint can be sued.
 Then either… 1) turn those ports off (and the lights on them)2) offer a low-end option
I suspect that 80% of the concerns with the new design would be solved with two changes:   1) use the Small Form Factor GPU card sizing. If you're unfamiliar with this…   http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX670DCMOC2GD5/   These would have to be adapted slightly, removing the fans and providing a bracket positioned so the GPU is up against the heat sink. But that's about it. And then we'd be able to select from a huge range of 3rd party GPU's without so much...
 Then optionally don't put display on one of the sets of Tbolt outputs.
Cars are a machine too, yet the #1 purchase differentiator is color. If you really believe that the looks are not a major factor in purchasing, it's clearly yourself that has the "serious perception problem"
If they allow customization with a single GPU I might consider buying one. But I have no need for a second one, and I'm not willing to pay for it. As the cards are now entirely custom, it's unlikely there will be any availability of replacements, so we're stuck with what Apple gives us.