or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

You do understand the irony (hypocrisy) of your statement, right? Cheering the appeals court judge for pre-judging a case while at the same time criticizing the judge in the original case for the same thing. I'm not saying Apple should win or lose. But either it's proper for a judge to express predispositions before hearing all of the evidence or it's not proper. You can't have it both ways depending on if you happen to agree with the judge or not.
 Not that I expect a lot of people these days really care (and that's unfortunate) but it's a matter of substance. Most of the news you "get up to the minute" is poorly researched and written, often based on rumors and/or incomplete information, and is driven by the click-bait 24x7 news cycles which depend on fear mongering and sensationalization of the news to drive views. Not that Time and other publications are immune to that (Rolling Stone's recent attempt at...
 She lived in the middle of nowhere far from any other people (not to mention that she wasn't sick and therefore not contagious). If you want to point fingers, point them at the moron journalists who followed her around like puppy dogs and stalked her everywhere she went. If there was any risk, it was of the media staff bringing it back into the community all for the sake of their 24x7 news cycle.  I always figured it would be between Putin and the Ebola doctors. The other...
 It's unpopulare here because most people posting here believe Apple is incapable of doing wrong, and I suggested a plausable scenerio in which Apple may have done wrong. And I suspect you may fall into that category from the "it's pretty clear..." statement. Is it? How so? What evidence are you referring to? From what I've read here, Apple said they deleted the songs but that they did it for security reasons. But just because that's what Apple said doesn't mean it's true....
 Actually, that IS the reality of the situation...at least as far as the iPod being open to begin with. The iPod existed before the iTunes Music Store and the only way to put music on it was from other sources. Now, this isn't going to be popular here, but please notice the big fat emphasis on the "if"... IF a user had, for example, a Real Networks, non-DRM'd MP3 in their iTunes library and it sync'd and played on their iPod. And IF that MP3 file was a standard MP3 file...
 That's great for your home town, but I don't want to have to download a separate app for each city I go to. For that matter, even for my home town, I don't want to have to go to one app to see what a public transit route/time is, then check another for how long it would take to just drive/cab, or bike, or walk even. Apple's Maps has two modes of transportation included, seems logical that it should include transit. If I want to get from point A to point B, I just want to...
 Apple sells devices outside of the US. Several years ago US only accounted for 1/3 of iPhone sales. Not sure what the current makeup is. And quite a few countries have much higher usage of public transportation than the US. And contrary to popular belief, Americans also travel to some of those countries where public transportation rules. I find Google Maps public transit information extremely useful when I travel. Of course, this has little bearing on the subject of iPads...
 Do you actually know any teachers? Most that I know use Macs and iDevices for their personal use, so they know how they work and how to use them. The concerns about the keyboard in a teaching environment are 100% valid for two reasons: efficiency in typing/editting and use of screen space. If you want your kids to learn proper grammar and use proper punctuation (commas, quotes, semicolons, etc), the iOS keyboard is pretty bad. It's fine for Twitter posts and FB updates,...
It's a nice little feature, but not really a huge improvement over what was already possible in previous iOS versions if you set up your personal hotspot in a particular way. Specifically, if you have Bluetooth turned on and wifi turned off when you turn on Personal Hotspot, then the hotspot will only be available over Bluetooth. This way you can leave Personal Hotspot turned on, and even if you turn wifi back on the hotspot will only be available over Bluetooth. Then...
Because Apple has never dropped large numbers of features when rewriting their apps? How was FCP's feature parity with the previous version. iMovie and iWorks suffered similar cuts in features when they were rewritten. I would guess that Quicken 2015 is a full rewrite of Quicken. Not just an upgrade from 2007. I'm not going to run out and purchase 2015. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to see if they do in fact continue to work to add features.