or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

Sure, but how are you going to organize them? Other than the Years>Collections>Moments auto-sorting (useless to me), are there any other hierarchical organization options? If there is an annual event that I attend, can I place the album of each year's photos into a folder so they are together? Or will I have to scroll through hundreds of icons in the Album grid view to find each album individually? Are there even options to sort photos and/or albums by different criteria...
 Even "enthusiast" photographers would struggle, I think. To be honest, from what I've seen I think I could live with the edit controls. I don't use more advanced controls on more than a handful of photos. I'm far more concerned about what appears to be severely limited organization options as I stated earlier. Apple's assumption seems to be that we only take photos with our iPhones (small files, limited metadata) and nobody has more than a few hundred photos and a couple...
 MacWorld's first-look article is worth a read. They mention that there is a sidebar which is hidden by default, but they didn't show a screen shot. No other reviews even mention it. Barring something there, it appears organization options are practically non-existent. You can't even have multiple libraries based on what I've read so far. The rest of it looks pretty solid, but if the organization is limited to what's implied by the screenshots it will be a non-starter for me.
 In another first-look article on Photos I read they also talked about edits not transferring back-and-forth after the first import into Photos. Makes sense. That would be a mess to deal with programmatically. But I also took from the article that that didn't make duplicates of the files, either, implying that the same masters could be used by both programs and each would just keep a database of the edits and the previews. Did you lose 5 GB of storage when you upgraded?
 I'm sure RAW support is there. The bigger question is going forward will Apple be as timely in adding support when new cameras come out. Without an Aperture user base (small as it might be) there will be even less motivation for Apple to add new cameras.
 $19.99/month for 1 TB...dude. Ok, I maybe get by with the 500 GB plan, but that's still $10/month which adds up. 20 GB is fine if all you had were the snapshots you took with your phone and probably would be sufficient if I had the option to only upload the photos on want on my other devices, but it appears to be all or nothing.
 My intent wasn't to debate how we got the iPad mini. The point of my post was that there were plenty of people who insisted that Apple would never make a smaller iPad. Those folks claimed to know what Apple would do, why, and how. But the situation changed. So to say that just because today iOS is optimized for touch and OS X isn't only speaks to what today's situation is. It says little about what Apple will do in the future and whether the two product lines (iPads/Macs)...
 This sounds very much like the "Apple will never make a smaller iPad. Steve said I'd have to file down my finger tips to use one if they did. Every tablet smaller than the iPad has failed so it would be stupid for Apple to make one." ...enter iPad mini.
 There is definitely some disagreement between the various "first look" articles on the level of edit controls available. I expect MacWorld staffers were a bit more thorough in kicking the tires. So if the above statement is correct, then as far as edit controls I think I'd be fine with Photos. But organizationally, I think I'm may find it horribly lacking. Personally, here is what I would struggle with: 1) Apple's idea of automatically organizing my photos into...
 But of course it's far more complicated than that. Do you really think that the billions of dollars of profit that Apple books in Ireland (at very low tax rate) was only from products sold in Ireland? Or is some of that Ireland profit really revenue from sales in another country which was written off as an expense to license/use intellectual property owned by Apple Ireland? Edit: I should add lest anyone thing otherwise, I think Obama's plan is a horrible idea. Even if...