or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

I'm kinda curious how they define an "active" account for each of the services? And Apple has been bragging about how many "accounts with credit cards" they have for several years now. Steve Jobs mentioned it in several key notes and press events before his passing.
 But do your negotiations include persuading your vendors to force *your* competitors into raising their prices because you don't want to complete at that low price point? And are you negotiating with vendors which represent 90% (just making up a number here) of the industry? That makes a wee bit of a difference when it comes to antitrust laws I think.
 Yep, that's where Apple might find itself in trouble. If rather than figure out how to make themselves more competitive (ie, lower prices) they schemed to make everyone else less competitive (ie, force them to raise their prices), then that negatively effects consumers...thus the lawsuit by the DOJ. And while Amazon stands to make more profit when they are forced to raise prices, they are also limited in their ability to compete because they are no longer able to undercut...
 Even nicer would be to delete it altogether if I don't want it on my iPhone. :D
I hope having something as trivial as new icons is an indicator that they've already completed more important functional improvements iOS needs. I don't really care if it's got a pretty new skin.
  One megapixel is probably sufficient for newspaper resolution. By your reasoning, that as long as you have enough pixels you are fine (yes, I noted your caveats about light and motion), then they should have fired the photographers about 8 years ago. But they didn't, which suggests that there is far more to it than that. And what is a reporter to do? "Councilman, before they cart you off to jail could you step over here into the light and stand still so I can get your...
  Not to say the topics you mention aren't important, but like it or not is' the sports that probably drive a pretty good chuck of their circulation volume. Lose the sports and you'll likely lose all those other things you want because the newspaper would go out of business
  Not just sports photography. Any subject moving faster than a walking pace or in less than daylight is going to be a poor photo when it's a camera phone in the hands of someone also trying to be a reporter at the same time. They'd get better photos giving them $200 point-and-shoot cameras. I'm not saying an iPhone can't take good photos. It's possible to get great photos with an iPhone. But you'd get much more consistent results with a dedicated camera, even a mid-range...
 Considering that twice in the Nano's product lifecycle (the fat nano and the "super-shuffle" nano) and once in the Shuffle's lifecycle (buttonless) Apple has made significant design changes only to go back to something similar, or nealy identical, to what they had the previous generation...yes, I'd call that a screw up. While I'm sure sales were already on a decline, I'd be willing to bet that there was a signficant drop off in sales coinsiding with the release of the...
 Which sort of begs the question...has the iPod Touch ever *really* been an iPod? From day one it's had far more in common with the iPhone than with any iPod. And these days with the cameras, microphones, etc, it's has even less in common. I think the only reason it was called an iPod was because calling it a phone-less iPhone would have been stupid.The declining iPod sales probably has less to do with the Touch than with the Classic, Nano, and Shuffle. The Classic and...