or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

Well believe it or not (many here will be in denial), there are people out their who have iPhones and don't like them for whatever reason. And don't forget there are people out there, again, believe it or not, who don't yet own a smartphone. Both of those groups of people are targets for ads saying that it's a mistake to buy an iPhone (or which support their belief they made a wrong purchasing decision). Someone who loves the iPhone they already have obviously is not the...
 It wasn't really all that long ago that Apple's entire ad campaign was about paying tribute to "the crazy ones" who messed with the order of things. And now it's a slam on a company's ethics? Or more recently the Mac vs PC ads which poked fun at PCs like Samsung is poking fun at iDevices now. And you are crticizing their use of the same technique in their ads?What you should be doing is slamming Samsung for copying yet another aspect of Apple...the advertising from last...
 I'm not sure if you are asking a serious question of just being deliberately argumentative. In case you are seriously thinking it's a valid question, I'll give you a clue...how much of that money that Samsung and HTC collects do you think Google gets?
Based on the sceren shot in the article, I don't see much visual difference from the way Google Maps has alwasy worked. You enter a search, results are displayed. Maybe it's clickable now, but visually it's not taking up any additional space than what the search results always did. This includes the ratings, reviews and photos. They were always there and can at times contribute to the search results and help you sort through the options. As for the concept of ads in the...
 I'm not sure how to interpret "evildoer" accusations from someone whose post count is 666. LOL
 This has been common practice since we moved past dial-up ISPs. Every ISP I've ever had since then, including the big boys and local mom-and-pop shops, have had similar provisions. The assumption is that a server operating on their network is going to utilize more network resources and therefore should pay more to use those resources.Now, you can argue that in today's world, your personal mail server uses far less bandwidth than your teenager downloading video all day....
Shouldn't the title of this article really be "Critics Incorrectly Claim Google has Backpedalled on Net Neutrality". With a subtitle, "Critics clearly don't understand how every personal use ISP has operated for well over a decade but conveniently ignored that fact for the purpose of stirring up anti-Google sentiment." Of course, that wouldn't serve to rile up the Google critics to get them to click on the link and create more ad impressions. The irony being that the...
 A very large percentage of these types of patents will never find their way into a production device, but you patent them anyway to prevent anyone else from using it. Unless you are going to do something special with the offset information (ie, use it to improve focusing, which I don't think was mentioned), there are probably better/simpler ways to improve picture quality than having this complex of a system. For example, in the space that 3 10 megapixle sensors take up,...
You are right that nothing can stop it 100%. And no one thing by itself will make much difference. But a combination of techniques could make it no longer lucrative for the scalpers. Based on the method described in the story, the first step would be to not allow the changing of details once the appt is made: name, device requiring service, email, etc. none of those things should ever change for a legit appt.. Sure, the scalper could try to cancel and redo a new appt; but...
 Until of course you drive two hours into another country and are suddenly paying international roaming data rates, whereas here you can drive for two days and still be paying the same rate. But no, you are right that the US carriers do get a bit carried away with their data plans. On the flip side, having a lot of friends living in Europe and spending quite a bit of time there myself, I can say the craziness European carriers lack in their data plans they more than make...