or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

If it really were only $5 it wouldn't be that big a deal, but we all know that's not the case.In any event, you don't need to buy an Apple branded charger and Apple doesn't need to (shouldn't/can't) block all non-Apple chargers (think of all the different USB ports on computers, aircraft, cars, etc, etc, that would get blocked if they did). All you need to do is not buy the too-good-to-be-true priced crap online or off some corner street vendor. Of course, I probably...
Has anyone ever estimated the bandwidth required on the internet providers trunk lines (the lines leaving the cable office to go to your home) if a significant portion of TV watching became on demand streaming? With cable TV a single "stream" of NBC's programming can be split amongst multiple neighborhoods and then further split to individual homes. That single steam on the trunk line might be delivering content to 1000s of homes (which can then record on their DVRs to...
 Even if they only ran iOS5 I doubt it would change the sales results much. The average consumer [unfortunately] just doesn't think to that level of detail before plopping down their money.
 Nope. Do a sentance diagram (do they even still teach that anymore?) and you'll see that "smaller" is correct.
 It's computationally easier and visually more pleasing, to double the pixels. Let's say they increase the resolution by 33%. For any existing graphics, you now have to spread every 3 pixels from the image onto 4 pixels on the screen (and that's just in one dimension, you have to do the same in the other dimension as well). You can scale and interpolate across the pixels to create the 4 new pixels, but you'll loose quality and incur a computational penatly. If you double...
 In addition, it seems like a lot of folks here are genuinely confused about who was on trial here, Apple or Amazon. Maybe Amazon was doing something illegal prior to Apple entering the market. I doubt it, but even if they were, that has no relevance to the case against Apple. Agency models and MFN clauses are just tools. How you use them it what matters, and like you said that's what the judge stated as well. Apple is a great company, but they can make mistakes. But a lot...
 As I stated in a previous post, the issue with MS and IE was that MS used their monopoly position in one industry (operating systems) to force their way into another (web browsers). This prevented others from being able to compete with IE, not because IE was good, and not even because it was free. They couldn't compete because MS used their OS position to force PC vendors to include IE (and later IE was integrated into the OS) and to forbid them from including other web...
 The analysis also doesn't seem to take into account that the 2010 agreement might have been updated/ameneded, possibily several times, since it was first entred into. It's not like Verizon would let something like that sneak up on them without acting (ie, pushing more iPhones, discount pricing, renegotiate the contract, etc) and it's in the interest of both companies to maintain a good working relationship.
 How?It might be great evidence in a trial where Amazon was the defendent; but how, exactly, does it have any bearing on the trial against Apple?
 Assuming that you somehow have deep insight into Amazon's long-term business plan for ebooks (but I'm betting you don't), is this really all that different than when Apple created the first succesful music download business? Apple "forced" the music labels to, in almost all cases, sell individual songs rather than full albums. The labels screamed that this devalued their product (sound familiar?), but they agreed to the terms. And it made it very difficult for anyone...