or Connect

Posts by Wiggin

Maybe a smart play for Apple, but why would McGraw-Hill play along? What do they have to gain by enticing other publishers to get onboard? They'd lose the differentiator of being on Apple's device and just create more competition for themselves.
Sure, but what will be taken away from Jobs' presentation is the slide that shows McGraw-Hill as one of the companies Apple has been working with. I wouldn't be surprised if Steve is going through is presentation right now and removing all mention of McGraw-Hill from it. Remember the Phil not-so-subtly showed the slide off all the carriers that would have MMS and tethering and giving people plenty of time to realize that ATT wasn't on that slide? It was so obvious that the...
I don't need 99 cent TV episode purchases. Now, 99 cent TV episode rentals would be nice. I have no interest in owning TV shows. And for $1.99, I'll live with the poor Hulu quality.
Agreed. ATT/Cingular has always sucked. I paid the contract cancellation fee to get out of my contract, and that was over a year before the iPhone was unveiled. Poor coverage, dropped calls, delayed voice mail delivery, lost text messages, and lies by customer service agents added up to me throwing away $35/month on what was little more than a paper weight of a phone that seldom provided reliable service. Many years of customer surveys by Consumer Reports will back that...
Not quite sure how your comment is a response to my post? I was simply suggesting that his posts weren't deleted, but that he was looking in the wrong place for them.Husband: Honey, where's my keys? Wife: Right were you left them.In fact, head over to the streaming iTunes forum, and he has a few [slightly] negative Apple posts about there already being better options than what Apple is being rumored to be preparing. Are those the "deleted" posts he is looking for, but...
That's a good chance, but I'm still hoping for one. Mainly because I'd like to be able to take the tablet instead of my MBP when traveling and be able to download the photos off my camera or a card reader. Apple tried in the past to make a dock connector for that. I have one. It's horribly slow, in part because you are connecting a USB-B port/client (camera) to a USB-B port/client (iPod), which it typically a no-no. USB like ambiguous connections like that without a USB-A...
Sorry, hate to break it to you, but YOU are the one not posting in the right forum. This forum is about the WSJ article. So, perhaps your posts "disappeared" because you are looking for them in the wrong place! Like many others here, I've posted many times criticizing Apple for doing stupid things without my posts being deleted.
I'm curious to know which connectors will be included. Will it only be a dock connector? Will there be a USB port (keyboards, cameras, GPS devices, flash drives, etc)? How about an HD video out connector (miniDP?) like the Zune HD has? I'm still looking for an easy way to bring my iTunes video to a friend's house to watch, and you can't do that with any current iPod or iPhone, and I refuse to invest in HD video from iTunes if I can't take it with me. I will be...
How about a new iLife app? Sure, books are a bit retro ; but if the intent is to make them more media rich, the iLife shared library of media would be a way to integrate it all together. iDVD and iWeb are two iLife apps that assemble the content from other iLife apps using supplied templates. Apple's LP and Extras formats are largely based on web standards. So a new app could be similar to iWeb, but instead publish as an eBook that you can share with friends and...
"make" you pay? I see two options... 1. Apple releases iLife '10 and you simply don't buy it. 2. Apple doesn't release iLife '10. Either way, you are still using your iLife '09. So why would you care if Apple releases '10 for those of us who might want to use it?