or Connect

Posts by Tony1

I have some OWC Mac Pro (Nehalem) memory up for grabs, 12gb (2gb x 6). I just upgraded so I no longer need it. It's been used since March, but not heavily since I've been laid up from back surgery. This same set goes for $304 at OWC (see link below), I'll let it go for $200 via Paypal. "12.0GB OWC Matched Set (2GB x 6) PC-8500 1066MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM Modules for Mac Pro "Early 2009" "Nehalem" 8 Core 2.26/2.66/2.93GHz systems. *Fully Qualified for Apple Mac...
Where can I post memory for sale at AI? I have some for a Mac Pro that I'd like to unload.
About a year ago I skimmed over someone's thread, somewhere, that said that his non-Apple router was controlled through AP Utility, thus my assumption on it being somewhat common. Thanks for the note.
I've always owned APE's, yet with the latest the price is a bit much. I'm looking for an alternative, Belkin, Linky, etc. What can someone here recommend? I'm looking for something that will operate just like an APE, be Mac friendly and even have AP Utility think that it's an APE. For features I'd like 802.11n, 128bit encryption, USB for a printer or HDD access, and at least four gigabit ethernet ports. Is this Belkin a good choice? Mac...
Now why in the world would I need a Fred Sanford iPhone. "Watch it $ucka".
What programs will help me output a DVD (video_ts) to a DV camera via firewire 400? No illegal content, I have a family shot dvd. Thanks
I ordered my MP (Octo 2.66) yesterday. The only BTO's I added was the 4870 and WiFi. It will be used mainly for FCS. I want to get the most out of it, so obviously, configuration matters. A couple weeks ago I received 2 WD 300GB VelociRaptor's and 2 Seagate 1TB's. My plans are to stripe the 2 WD's and use that as a boot and programs. The Seagate's will mainly be used for storage of video. Backups will be external. RAM-wise I plan on 12gb for now (most likely 2gbx6)....
So TM, SD or other would work instead of buying 2 additional drives? Two more drives and that set up would be great, but I'm just about tapping out my budget. Also, I'm trying to limit external drives as much as possible, but I know that I'll have at-least one from OWC. It houses 2 drives and I'll be using that for my video files backup.Thanks for the reply.
When my machine shows up I plan on an internal striped (0) RAID between two 300gb Velociraptors. The other two bays would be used for video storage. My questions/concerns have to do with backup of the RAID in case of failure. First, can these two drives be backed up to a single 640gb drive (kind of like a virtual 0+1)? Can this be set up at the same time I set up the RAID? In-other-words can those two drives be Mirrored to a single internal drive? If Mirroring isn't...
Thanks. That and another reply really helped. I'll stick to my original plan (2x2.66). It'll hurt for now, but I'll get over it in no time. Although our other MP was cheaper, it was paid for in a matter of a week. This one? Two or three weeks.