or Connect

Posts by Techboy

Mac desktop are doing just fine. Is this site running out of stories to write? First is Android taking over iOS and tablets...now this? Really?   Tablets can not replace desktops in serious work tasks, at least not yet. The decline in desktop numbers just reflect consumers' usage for internet connection from desktop to tablets for daily simple tasks like checking email and social media. No need to hit the panic button!   Come back again when they reports 50%+ drop in...
These analysts are not in it for the long-term. They want great numbers one quarter at a time. Cheaper android phones are just that, cheaper! You get what you pay for. Selling the phone is just a starting point, Apple want their users to buy digital content...no point in attracting cheap users that don't buy digital content. The end. 
It is not absurd for Apple to get out of consumer ebooks. Statistically, iPad is being used more in other forms of entertainment, reading is just small part of its capability that won't need to go away. If anything reading on iPad and mini can only improve in the next 5 yrs. Why not take the high road and show why DOJ is wrong by getting out of it? I would, to prove a point. No better way than to see publishers succumb to Amazon and then we can call DOJ for sticking their...
The judge is the problem. How she interpreted Apple was at fault for providing a platform for publishers to collude still makes my head spin. Judge that do not understand tech and business has no place being there in the first place. This is only interesting because publishers settled for two-year ban from agency model...and by forcing Apple to a 5-yrs ban...well, where do publishers go besides Amazon for the next 5-yrs? DOJ is screwing everyone but Amazon!   I said...
I like how everyone argues without including publisher and authors...publishing like every complex business, where everyone in the process gets a small cut of profit. Cheaper ebooks will only drive the current publishers into an eventual meltdown, less money into the pockets of those that creats content. Maybe not now or two year or five year...but if and when everything becomes digital consumption then it will happen. The question is can anyone look back and undo what...
I said this before, Apple should just get out of consumer ebooks. IF they really want to prove their point, I see no better way than to leave publishers, B&N and Amazon to their own cesspool. DOJ want to see how fast Amazon will kill publishing, this is the way to go!!! DOJ does not understand the complicity of publishing and businesses in general. Apple's iPad is a content device and most recent data shows not many actually read ebooks on their iPads anyway (thought I...
The only people thinks this is a good idea are DOJ and Android/Amazon fanbois. DOJ is overreaching into Apple's business models. What then after 2-yrs? Are they studying the effects and then go after Amazon? This is one of the silliest lawsuit in tech in recent years.
Still LOL'ed....you brush aside how little ebook profit is to Apple? The context is important here, for them, ebooks is adding content to their new product that will show off the device and its multiple uses. This was never going to be their trump card for making the iPad great. The only aspect of ebook they care for was not the general consumer ebooks with big five publishers but their pursuit for the education sector...there, iPad can really shake things up.You know...
"Wholesale business model works fine. It's the publishing industry's fault for not adapting to, or embracing this new disruptive technology.   But good for consumers which is what the lawsuit was about.   It is NOT illegal to set prices below cost."     Another LOL'ed! Which part of this verdict is going to help the consumers??? eBooks is a much much smaller market compare to what Apples earns from apps and music. This lawsuit is never about consumers...
  When publishers settled with DOJ, it certainly didn't help Apple. This idiot judge took those settlements as facts of wrongdoing...and hence the best conclusion she can draw is to find Apple guilty as well for providing the platform to start those conversations. Just plain awful and silly reasoning for a judge.