or Connect

Posts by Techboy

I call this BS...the name "iPad" itself isn't worth more than what Apple paid already. The name doesn't sell itself...great products do. I thought our laws are silly here, I guess it's the same BS everywhere....and they want 1.6 billion in damages??? What could they have made with that name with their own product in 2 years??? Just absurd for this stuff to even get to court....people need to apply common sense to this stuff. Can Apple sue them for a lose if iPad suck??? WE...
....and B&N is following Amazon's path...all articles points to Amazon destroying B&N and then crushes book publishers and authors will all be happy to go self-published...OMFG, it's the end of the world as we know it! These survey means nothing...imagine Jobs making this decisions based on this kind of crap???!
It took someone long enough to acknowledge what Apple is doing is actually working well. I think for the longest time, people view Apple as "oh, they got lucky, this ipod and ipad stuff won't last long"... Jobs has proven people wrong before and he done it again. I think the fact, we are seeing Google and MS copying varies aspects of Apple's products and failed to copied their strategies is the funniest part for me. Apple had Jobs, they can't copy that.
Poor labor work conditions is not uniquely China only. When we have large international corporations trying to exploit cheap labor, raw materials and focus only on their annual report to investors and what goes into their pockets... responsibility to the people that builds these products would be the last thing on their minds. This is not to say, Apple don't care at all. I'm sure when you are operating in China, which is still under Communist ruling, you have to play...
Anyone that does business in China should know labor abuse is an issue. How many "willingly" work 12-hr shifts here in U.S. for low wages and not go postal???
Apple is really driving a dagger into Adobe now. While this doesn't kill Adobe's InDesign but looks a lot more intuitive to learn and it's FREE ... I'm looking forward to test out this app soon.
What a shame...they failed to adapt and transform their core business to digital age. They may re-emerge in a few years and still with little to show for. It is another classic management failure in the making for years.
Adobe continues to pissed off their creative customers. How do they expect average designers to spend a few hundred every 18-24 months for software upgrade makes no sense.
Kodak tried going digital. Meanwhile, they hung on to traditional media [printing press tech etc] but failed in that area too. An iconic company but just another example of poor management that does not understand the changing market. Of course, those that made the poor decisions won't have a hard time getting new jobs but everyone under them will.
Oh hell, IF we must measure great products but the number of patents issue per year....I hope that is a joke. All the great inventors are only known for a few great inventions not a gazillion half-baked patents that only sounds good on paper.