or Connect

Posts by Techboy

This is one of the many damn misconceptions with this case. Apple coming into the picture to compete and offer alternative pricing to Amazon...prices for ebooks went up because publishers now sets the prices via agency model. So what is the problem? Are you insisting publishers can't set their own price but it's okay for Amazon to sell at a lose or little gain? I sense this judge don't have a clue of where the technology is heading regarding e-commerce.   Let's pretend...
  I own both HD and HD+, it doesn't take a lot to support the devices. As long as you know tech well enough, you can resolve most issues. The piss-poor reviews are generally from mom and pops that really has no idea how tablets works and how they B&N accounts are tie-in with hardware. Once I overheard a lady at a store asking why she can't transfer purchases from one account to another. Yup, there's your poor review in the making.
When B&N invaded color tablet territory they knew they had to invest a lot, and they did. They only had slight success with the first-gen where early hackers found the color Nook very hack-able. With each subsequent hardware updates they keep pissing off the group of people that help put their devices on the map. The latest Nook tablets actually are decent low-end tablets but it wasn't until recently did they unlock it for Google Play store by then it's already game...
ROFL! Random House signed up later and hence not part of the lawsuit. They are allowed to keep selling their ebooks in iBookstore under the agency model. Penguin settle fast with DOJ because of the upcoming merger. What else do you need to know? Yup RH realllly rejected Apple!
What? What are all those Random House ebooks doing in iBookstore right now?! They signed separately and then worked something out behind Apple's back...hence they are in hot waters now. As I said, this is more about publishers than it is about Apple. DOJ is wasting time and money in the hopes for squeezing something out of Apple too.
  Not likely. I think this case is more about proving the big five publishers' guilt than Apple. They were offer a platform alternative to control their own pricing but will only do so if Apple can sign up more publishers...which from the evidences so far, are only proving these publishing CEOs had dealings in the background to band together. Had they each sign up separately and independently with Apple, this BS case would never be happening now. Amazon as a victim in...
What this really proofs, is how much internet content iPad users are consuming as Apple has been saying all this time.
  Hence publishers pleaded guilty. DOJ is just dragging everyone out to play along against Apple to squeeze a few more dollars out of them. As if that tax return BS wasn't enough of a show from our politicians. The way I see it, Apple can easily prove their point by stopping all sales of consumer ebooks for a year or require all sales of ebooks be created with iBook Author. Problem solved.    Let's see how much more these same publishers will go back to crying again. Less...
No one in the publishing world thinks Amazon is a victim here. This is just DOJ's BS and waste of tax dollars. I'm glad to see Apple putting up the fight against this nonsense.   IF anything at all, the outcome will only prove these publisher CEOs were guilty as charged. Apple only provided a platform for them as an excuse to team-up against Amazon. The guilt is with these CEOs. Amazon's low-ball pricing practices basically forces these CEOs in a position to doing...
I find it funny about Samsung this and Samsung that...take away Google's Android and they have no software worthy competing against Apple in any form or shape.   Frankly, I stopped buying any Samsung product. Anyone but theirs at this point.