or Connect

Posts by TBell

Not really. Amazon knows people are going to buy things outside of Amazon. This way Amazon gains some money from purchases on its card through its sharing arrangement with Chase, and points accumulated get redeemed on Amazon. Amazon also loses nothing by supporting Apple Pay.
  Perhaps, it is you saying, "I simply avoid it whenever I can."
  A lot of it is about accounting. Sure there is tremendous expense related to manufacturing, but also tax liability. If Apple owned its own manufacturing it has to account for inventory and components on hand in a different way, which hurts its quarterly earnings.
It is like thanking a thief for picking up some trash on your floor and throwing it out before they leave with the goods they stole.
Good point. People forget that Google really left Apple little choice but to bring to market its own mapping solution.
First, Apple can do anything it wants. It has over a hundred billion dollars and growing in the bank. Second, Google's product might be better for the way you use maps, but you assume everybodies use is the same.i have tested Google's Maps and Apple's Maps in providing local directions. In providing directions Apple's maps is on par with Google, and Apple's offering looks better. If you want local poi information, Google's offering is significantly better for local...
  Perhaps you have a broken iPhone? Seriously, I can see why one would prefer Google Maps over Apple Maps, but Siri rocks. It also keeps getting better. iOS 8 made her much more responsive, and increased her knowledge base. I get surprised everyday with things I can ask her.  Further, studies show more people use the default apps on the iPhone, so Google is being deprived of a lot of iPhone users data, which Apple is gaining. In Maps, Apple is the underdog, but the App...
  To each their own, but I prefer Apple Maps. It works better on the iPhone than Google's solution. Street View is cool, but I really use that. 
  It does, but only for iTunes Radio and for Apps. It doesn't for search, email, etc.
  That sort of makes it hard for some features to work like suggested searches that rely on sharing your search history.