or Connect

Posts by TBell

It is not clear to me the objective was economic. What is clear to me is the various companies were involved in various joint products (e.g. Google working with Apple to bring Google Maps to iOS, Intel working with Apple to provide processors for its products, etc.). They didn't want recruiters actively going after each others employees. Paying recruiters to steal each other employees to undermine their joint efforts. It is disruptive to lose employees responsible for...
  Yes, except you forget to tell us how the action is anti-competitive. At the time the agreement was made, the companies involved were essentially partners not competitors. They were all working together in some capacity. They made an agreement not to actively recruit each others employees. How is that anti-competitive?  Here is the key: They didn't prohibit each other from hiring one another's employees. How is it American to force partners to actively recruit each...
  Well I am only an attorney, but whatever. 
  Arguing by calling people's understanding of the situation juvenile is sort of juvenile. How is it about fewer rights? He agreed to be the class representative for the class using said lawyers. The reality is a settlement is about compromise. Plainitiff's lawyers always ask for an unreasonable amount up front knowing full well they will never get what is asked for. Moreover, I am unconvinced Apple and company did anything wrong (and I consider myself to be pretty liberal...
 No, Apple computer is a US company incorporated in the California. It, however, does do business around the world and owns subsidiaries in other countries. In every country it operates it has to abide by the laws of that Country. I too trust Apple to an extent, however, it is various governments I am concerned about.  As far as the US taking information from Apple if you are a foreign customer, good luck holding the US government accountable for that. How many nuclear...
 You are referring to the Fourth Amendment. The Supreme Court has held that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding information you turn over to a third party. So companies like Apple can voluntarily turn over information to other parties such as various governments without the government showing it had probable cause to request that information. The government can then use that information against you in court even though it had no evidence that you...
  If you are cynical you might look at the human's history and conclude that those who wield power are corrupt. Or perhaps you might believe government is supposed to work for you, and your employee has no right to be peeking in on what you do. Your view seems to be pretty trusting and not grounded in history. 
 Not sure why diversity is signified by gender or  racial make-up, as opposed to life experiences and way of thinking, but since it seems important to you. Tim Cook is gay. Eddy Cue is Cuban. Andrea Jung is both a woman and Asian. 
That seems strange. I mean, the deal hasn't been announced or approved. Further, you are not stuck on a contract with T-Mobile. So, try it out now, if things go bad, you leave. 
What is the benefit as somebody would have to be the owner? Apple can't own itself.