or Connect

Posts by TBell

Jobs didn't force publishers to go to an agency model. Apple had no power and could not force the publishers to do anything. The publishers hate Amazon, and they were already talking to Barnes and Noble about going to an agency model. Apple was willing to go along with the agency model. Apple, however, didn't want to be undercut in price on new releases, so it insisted on a most favored nations clause for new releases. That simply meant that publishers could not set the...
  That was really shady. 
 They worked together for years at the US Attornies Office (do your own Internet search). They are friends. You don't see Bromwhich or the Judge refuting that when major US papers like the WallStreet Journal report it. They could claim defamation if not true.  Sure, he has experience as a monitor, but no experience with anti-trust. If you had a problem concerning anti-trust, wouldn't you go see an anti-trust lawyer? Being a monitor is easy. One reads Apple's anti-trust...
  Hey, here is an idea. Perhaps, Apple, like myself, actually thinks it didn't do anything wrong? Perhaps, it wants to exercise its rights under the Constitution to have an Appeal Court hear its case. 
The problem with your view is a Judge is supposed to have the appearance of impartiality. She should not give a view on a case until she makes a ruling. Doing so improperly influenced the parties. It let the Department of Justice know which way she would likely rule. Moreover, Thomas Penfield, the Judge in the Microsoft anti-trust case was removed for giving his opinion to a reporter concerning Microsoft's guilt AFTER the case was over and he made a ruling that Microsoft...
  But that is my point. It is not clear based on the passage you provided. My reading of what you provided is that God is only against homosexual perverts, not homosexuals. As another person also pointed out, different versions of the bible are translated differently. Different versions of the translations can be read to mean different things. Moreover, some people who claim to embrace the bible text so literally, forget about teaching by Jesus such as those without sin...
  It says homosexual perverts, homosexual in this context is "clearly" an adjective and modifies the noun perverts. So, essentially if you believed in this type of thing, I would read what you provided to mean that perverts who are homosexuals shall not possess God's Kingdom. This says nothing to homosexuals who are not perverts. So, the passage you quote is not very clear to me. If the passage meant all homosexuals, it would just use homosexuals as a noun and leave...
  LOL. Funny stuff. You forgot the sarcasm tag. Moreover, what news do you read, as I literally can't find any news source that isn't biased nowadays?  That Leviticus is full of good stuff. Not trimming your beard, not going to church within 60 days after giving birth to a child, not eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting the tree, not selling land permanently, not sitting in the presence of the elderly, not being allowed to cut your hair at the sides, are...
Apple can't take itself private even if it could afford it. It can buy and retire shares, but at the end of the day somebody would have to buy Apple. Ironically, Apple buying the shares would make it less expensive to buy.
Yes, brilliant indeed. Apple spends billions on its stock. The stock barely budged as a consequence, and in the long term neither Apple or investors get anything from the move.