or Connect

Posts by TBell

Why? Just stream it from your iDevice. What is the big deal?
  All this is fine and dandy, but who do you think dictates government policy?Most of the high ranking political posts are filled by industry executives. From the head of the Secretary of Treasury to the head of the FCC. The industry is essentially crafting its own laws. There once was a video circulating showing the Chairman of the Board of Chase  telling Reagan to cut a speech short. Further, the crash of the housing market also coincides with the millions of jobs lost...
Further companies like Samsung have the chips over clock themselves when they recognize benchmarking software, which is not indicative of real world performance. Apple does not use this farce.
  Yes, it isn't much different than X-Box video games only playing on an X-Box.
  Not really a good analog. Because a CD player can only play C.D.s. An iPod can play music from a variety of sources including from Apple's Music Store, ripped from traditional CDs, and downloaded from anywhere in MP3 format. Apple told people from the get go, that music bought on the iTunes Store could only be played on Apple devices. Moreover your analogy doesn't make clear if Sony or the music labels are dictating the lock in.
Good points.
  THE D.O.J.'s case against Apple over e-books was ludicrous. This case, although I disagree with, may have more merit. The issue is did Apple take action to prevent music bought on its stores from moving to other services. If so, was that a violation of anti-trust laws.
  No, the issue is that Apple didn't allow other online music stores to sell music to iPod users, and the music bought on iTunes didn't transfer to other devices. Real Networks created a work around to Fair Play that allowed music bought through its competing store to work in iTunes. I honestly don't think Apple should be found liable though. First, Jobs originally pushed for DRM free music, the labels, however, required the DRM. It was the labels, not Apple that required...
I have with two phones giving directions in the car at the same time. I prefer Apple Maps.
Doesn't seem like much a return on a 4.5 billion dollar purchase.