or Connect

Posts by TBell

If you successfully go into a store and steal your friends a case of Budweiser, even though you and your friends are happy, should the rest of us congratulate you? The point, the context of one's success should be examined.  As far as the 20 percent figure goes, that is ridiculously good. However, can you really equate that success as to the same type of investing that regular folks do on the market? If not, is it really fair to compare his earnings to how average people...
Do you even know what you are talking about? I would love to know what advice Icahn gave Netflix. Now back to reality. Netflix wanted nothing to do with Icahn. Right after he started buying shares, Netflix's Board of Directors adopted a poison pill resolution to prevent Icahn from gaining any control of the company.  Icahn's big plan? He wanted Netflix to put itself on the market. Netflix wisely ignored him and adopted the poison pill resolution to shut him out. Here is an...
 He might be one of the richest people in the world, but nobody is entirely self made. With that said, he also is not anybody I would want to aspire to. The question for many should be what is he simply the best at?  He made his money in the eighties as a corporate raider. He would take on debt to buy a controlling interest in a company. He would then place his own directors on the board. He then would have company he took a controlling interest in take on his debt that he...
I use Bing because I like it better 80 percent of the time. First, I like the homepage. The changing picture with related facts is fun. I also like the way the stories of interest are layed out. Second, Google borrowed Bing's superior way of displaying images. Third, in a side by side blind comparison I generally pick Bings results two out if three times. Fourth, Bing gives me points I can use at places like Starbucks and Amazon.Further Googles claim to fame was not mixing...
People don't want to work in factories. Yep that must be it. It has nothing to do with cheap slave like labor overseas or thing like NAFTA which allows companies to import said goods into the US tax free.
Technically true but Froman works for the President carrying out his wishes.
It really is a different issue. Obama's Trade Representative vetoed the International Trade Commissions Exclusion Order, which only has the power to order injunctions. Samsung has every right to ask a federal court to determine whether Apple violated its SEP patents and if Apple did to ask the Court to set a rate. For standard essential patents that a party must license under FRAND terms a Court should never issue an injunction and the only issue should be setting a rate...
I think the message was we already have a buy back program and that Carl can go suck it. That is what Netflix told Carl, and its stock has being doing quite well since Carl sold. Carl fans should go research how he made his fortune as a corporate raider. He destroyed TWA making himself rich and leaving stockholders with nothing.
You obviously missed Tim's message. Namely, he does not support Carl or other short term traders like him. He clearly is saying Apple took advantage of the drop under its current program. Ironically despite what some of the short term investors say, Apple's buy did very little for the stock price.Cook is also clearly saying Apple needs to hold on to cash for opportunities like buying companies, settling lawsuits, ect.I doubt Apple will do a split either. Higher priced...
 I will not disclose my position, as that is meaningless, but I have held Apple since Steve Jobs has come back to the company. It has undergone two stock splits, and is now paying a dividend.  As far as a twenty percent return goes, that number is meaningless. Twenty percent over what time period? Calipers is showing a seven percent per year return on its investments. That is im,pressive and above average in these times when banks are paying less than a percent on...