or Connect

Posts by TBell

I disagree with the apology letter, but agree ultimately the captain must take the blame. Cook should have throughly reviewed Maps, understood like Siri it is a complex piece of software, and release it as a Beta. However, the media over blew the extent of maps problems. Cooks should have merely issued a statement explaining Apple is aware some of its users are experiencing problems with the Maps app; explained why it updated the App (e.g. it wanted to give users more...
    I agree. Apple should have treated Maps like a beta. When it first rolled out Safari and Siri, they were referred to as Beta products. A comprehensive product like that needs to be in the publics hands for a while. Google's Maps was a beta product forever.
I wouldn't have signed that lame apology either. The map criticisms like everything directed at Apple these days was over blown. The worst thing Apple did was not label the product a beta. Forstall's loss will be felt at Apple. He came with Jobs from NeXt computing, and knows an awful lot about the workings of iOS and OSX. Unless he signed a no-compete agreement, he will be working at Google or Microsoft real soon. 
Yes, actually I am taking classes currently. I love going to school, and probably will die taking classes. I can only speak from my perspective, but I know plenty of people who still buy and share music on CDs. Of course they listen to it on their iPods or iPhones. I also will time shift my DVD rentals. I also have friends who are film makers who frequently use the Macs DVD burning capabilities. Come to think of it my photographer friend uses the CD burner to give folks a...
This is true. I am an attorney. I have software that is Windows only, which I run through Parallels. The company whose software I need sent me the new version of the software on a CD. CDs and DVDs for some small software companies are more cost effective. If costs them less to send a CD or DVD then it does to host the infrastructure to make the software available online. Moreover, businesses often times host a plethora of different machines ranging in age and are slow to...
I think Apple has made the iMac less valuable to students. Students still use their computers to do things like burn CDs, DVDs, and watch movies. I still use my Macbook to do these things.With that said, Apple was never going to put a Blue Ray drive in the Mac because the licensing restrictions essentially required one to lock down the whole system with restrictive DRM. The DRM effected performance even when the Blue Ray drive wasn't operating. There were several well...
    Yes, but you keep failing to address one point: the judge could have wrote the notice himself and have Apple post it. He choose not to do so. He let Apple write it. Apple complied with the Order, provided for the public the judge's reasoning (e.g. Apple's products are cooler), and pointed out that the Judge's decision only applies in the UK and that in other places Courts have found the opposite. That is important because it is highly likely people living outside the...
    I had to go to the store to buy cold medicine. While there I  bought a container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I was under no obligation to buy the ice cream so, but I choose to do it. As long as Apple complied with the Judge's Order, it was free to do whatever else it wished to do provided it was legal. If the judge wanted Apple to say something specifically, the Judge should have wrote the specific message for Apple.    Moreover, how can the judge complain? First,...
    The intent of the Court is contained in the Order. Namely, for Apple to post on its website that a UK court found Samsung's tablet to not infringe Apple's design patent. Apple has fully complied. If the Court wanted something different, it should have provided Apple with the exact language.   Anybody reading the link will know 1) the UK court found Samsung not guilty of infringing the at issue patent, 2) the reason being that the UK judge doesn't think Samsung's...
    No, but like with its Macs Apple used to often times update more than once a year. While Apple is the dominant player now with tablets, it can lose its position. It will act aggressively.