or Connect

Posts by TBell

Say what you want, but Microsoft's X-Box media features kicks Apple's butt and I am a huge Apple fan. Microsoft's interface on the X-Box is first rate. I was going to buy an Apple TV a while back and my girlfriend bought me the X-Box for Christmas. I simply can't justify the $99 price tag when the X-Box does so much more.    Apple simply is not leveraging the strength of its platform to offer a truly competitive package. For instance, why doesn't Apple have a Apple TV app...
    As somebody else said, the issue is timing. September is the big back to school season. Further, people are likely spending money on gifts for others because of the holidays. These purchases will be things like iPods, iPhones, and iPads. 
    True, but there is different methods of jailbreaking. I agree though that the Apple TV is woefully inadequate especially in relation to the XBox 360, Roku, and now even the Google TV boxes. The 360 just added web browsing. Roku has a million channels, and it only costs $50.    Apple should have had an Apple TV app store a long time ago. The only explanation would be that maybe Apple has something better in the works. The Apple TV should at least have messages, email,...
    Are you really going to ask the poster to provide evidence of 1) something that is obvious, and 2) you can find yourself by doing a simple Internet search. Whenever you jailbreak your iOS device, you run the risk of bricking it especially if you update. I have two iPhones in the family, and both are jailbroken. The number one rule of jailbreaking is you don't upgrade until the jailbreaking community gives the OK.    That doesn't mean the people who have bricked...
    This view lacks an understanding of how great maps are created. Maps require a lot of data. It would be very hard for Apple to create a great map application while keeping it secret. Perhaps you remember when Apple first released OSX. It was slow and buggy as hell. Yet, after six months Apple released a version 10.1, which was a huge fix.  Sometimes you just have to ship the product to put it in users hands, and then fix the bugs based on feedback. Now OSX is a great...
    No, betting on bad news should not be illegal. However, betting should be separated from "investing." You should not be allowed to bet against my investment using my investment to do so. This gives you an incentive to try and make the value of my investment drop. That benefits nobody but you, and undermines me, the company, and the over all economy.   Moreover, you illustrate the problem. Buying and selling stock was never intended to be betting. It was intended as a...
    That is true, but my point was Apple is dropping when the over all market has been taking a bath for the same time period. Apple also took a good hit in the same period when it beat its own earnings forecasted, but missed those of the so called experts. Apple generally seems to amplify whatever the market is doing. So, generally if the market is doing well, Apple will do very well. If the market is down, Apple will be really down. 
    I agree with that to a certain extend. It used to be if you wanted to sell a stock you had to get your broker on the phone and pay a decent fee. It made people think before they acted. Again, it is why I think the concept of investing has been undermined. If you buy a stock today, and sell it today to make a quick buck it isn't investing. More importantly, it undermines the value of the supposed investment of true investors and the companies themselves. 
The problem with your view is it doesn't acknowledge two things. First, the tax rate for those earning over $250, 000 is the lowest it has ever been. It was even before the supposed temporary Bush tax breaks were imposed. Moreover, the super wealthy have far more deductions available to them then most folks. So, while I agree the federal government wastes money, the rich are hardly being fleeced in any historical context.Second, there seems to be this new found mind set...
Why wouldn't they just take the dividends?