or Connect

Posts by TBell

I am confused. People come illegally, and they or their children are supposed to be rewarded? They reality is the US only has a certain amount of jobs, and too many people unemployed. The solution is not to bring more people in the Country or create policies that reward those who come illegally. 
    You can just click on the companies website link provided in the article. There it says, "   WHY A RESERVATION SYSTEM? Mailbox checks email from the cloud in order to deliver it as fast as possible to the phone, support push notifications, and facilitate email snoozing. The IMAP protocol is nearly 30 years old and a part of reinventing the inbox is building a secure, modern API that's better suited for mobile devices. In order to provide a robust, world-class...
    To me the app looked cool. I just don't get the Gmail only support. With that said, I don't see why a person would not care about Google handling his or her email, but somehow be bothered by this company handling his or her email. Google is the king of using your data for its purpose. Further, it has been hacked a bunch of times (trust me I know I have experienced two hacked accounts). In addition, the company's website says it's goal is to offer the program free...
You lost me at Gmail only. 
It isn't accurate to suggest Apple's beef with Samsung is that it makes competing phones. Apple wouldn't care about that. Apple's beef with Samsung is it gained its market status by blatantly using Apple's designs. It was easy for Samsung to do being that it had early access to many of the components used in the product.
    Daringfireball posted an article about how the big time traders would make a killing on options if Apple closed at $500 on 1/21/13. This was based on an article from November of 2012. Sure enough the stock on Friday closed at exactly $500. The fix was in. It doesn't matter what Apple does. The Street will spin it either positively or negatively, which ever way is needed to make money. So Apple could smash Street records, and the stock could still lose money. The...
    There are no import taxes on Apple products coming from overseas into the US. Once a trade cap is reached, taxes can be avoided by shipping product through Canada and Mexico thanks to NAFTA. Most of Apple's products are made in China, so import taxes would not apply there as nothing is being imported.
Dumb move in my opinion. The Chinese do not value IP and partnerships the same way places like the US does. Apple and other companies are already seeing some of the consequences of moving operations to asian countries in terms of manufacturing. I know Samsung is not a Chinese Company, but the concept is the same. Apple invests heavily in Samsung's manufacturing business (over a hundred million alone to its LCD plant). Once the company is established and figures out how...
  The preliminary invalidation ruling is irrelevant. The products at issue are no longer on the market, so these products aren't going to be effected. Apple wants the injunction because it will be easier to add future Samsung devices that infringe the same patents to this current lawsuit without having to wait out a trial on those specific devices. Apple would only have to bring a Motion in Court asking for the new products to be added. Samsung would be given an...
  Please provide a link from the only source in the know (namely Apple) that shows demand is off. Good luck with that. For what it is worth, Nokia makes a good phone.