or Connect

Posts by TBell

Walmart has sold a cell phone plan for awhile. It also has a Family Talk plan  for the same price ($45) and that is through T-Mobile directly.
I read Straight Talk is supporting LTE, but the article was recent. Perhaps, it hasn't rolled it out yet. Straight Talk's website is pretty vague on the speeds it supports. The more interesting question is at what point does it tether the speeds?
    I noticed this as well. The DOJ's position on SEPs don't match up with the strong view in places like Europe. I also don't think a negotiation should be required. The reason being that the terms are supposed to be non-discriminatory. The SEP holder should show what it charges others. If an SEP holder is charging company A far less then it wants to charge company B, why would company B pay? 
  If you are a big fan of IP, then rest assured Obama is your guy. He is in the big boys back pocket and trying hard to further expand IP rights way past what was ever intended under the Constitution. Copyright protections have become absurd in this Country and around the world.    With that said, the Justice Department is taking a common sense view WITHOUT fully embracing it. Namely, with SEPs the holders of such patents have already agreed to allow anybody to use such...
    The iPhone doesn't support 3G on T-Mobile. It is refarming spectrum right now to bring its 4G service to iPhones, but the refarm is still early in the process. I have 3 iPhones running on T-Mobile. Edge is more than fast enough to stream Pandora, surf the Internet, and get your email. Perhaps this depends on where you are. T-Mobile will also give you a inside cell tower if you are having reception problems. 
    I am confused. T-Mobile has merely said it has been rolling the 4G service out to certain markets, including Los Angeles. It hasn't claimed to have finished doing so. When Sprint first advertised 4G service, it was averaging 2-3 Mbps per second. My AT&T DSL only gets about 6. I'd take 11.5 Mbps in a heart beat. I understand AT&T and Verizon are getting much better numbers with their LTE service, but with data caps who cares. 
  It would work, it is just with Verizon you don't need a SIM card. You'd have to get a Straight Talk SIM card. 
  That is only true for the iPhone 5, correct? 
This plan of Walmart sort of emulates what T-Mobile already does. T-Mobile finances your smartphone for you on both its no contract and value plans. You pay a monthly fee on top of your monthly rate for the phone, but when it is paid off your phone bill drops. With T-Mobile this is convenient because it is all in the same bill. You can pay it off as quickly as you can. Here you get two bills.    Moreover, I probably wouldn't go for this Straight Talk plan if you...
  It works on AT&T and T-Mobile's network. AT&T and T-Mobile use different technologies currently in terms of their independent high speed networks. On T-Mobile you would get its version of 4G, and on AT&T you'd get LTE. However, straight talk throttles the high speed connection after an unknown amount of data. So, you will get high speed 4G or LTE for a little while, then it will get slowed down to another speed.