or Connect

Posts by ScottNY

Thanks for the reply. I confirmed with System Profiler that this machine does indeed have a SATA interface for the internal HD. But I have also confirmed (as much as I can without opening the enclosure) that the drive inside the Passport is 12.5 mm. Seems Western Digital doesn't make a 1 TB 9.5 mm laptop drive (yet). But I am now buying this, which is 9.5 mm and 7200 rpm, and I'll use the Passport as a local Time Machine backup since my current backup is over a slow...
Hi all, I've been searching all day and hope you guys can help. I have a late 2006 MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz) that can only accept 9.5 mm internal HDs. I also have a new Western Digital My Passport Essential SE (link) and want to use that as an internal drive, and put my current 120 GB internal drive in that enclosure. I called WD and the technical support person said the drive is 9.5 mm tall and uses SATA, which means it would work exactly as planned. But if he...
Dan, The AT&T SMS plan info is incorrect in your chart - they only offer 200 messages for $5 a month. See this page for details. Also note that you can get unlimited messaging for all lines on a family plan for $30 a month. See this link for details. -Scott
I think it would be more valuable to break out the iPod touch from the iPod category and have "Traditional iPod" as one product category, for shuffle, nano and classic iPods, and "iOS devices" as another, which could then be broken out by iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, the way Mac sales are broken out by Desktop and Portable. Then, we're really getting feedback on how much impact each of the iOS devices are having, both aggregate and on their own, and the traditional iPod...
The windows shown have a similar but very different feel when compared to current brushed metal and unified windows in OS X Tiger windows and Leopard preview windows. Note the beveled edges, the rounded corners, the feel that the contents of the window are sunken in a bit, etc. Some have speculated that Apple is completely re-doing the UI in Leopard and they point to the lack of major changes to some apps, especially Finder, as evidence of this. Could this be the "new"...
Has anyone considered that the "Welcome to 2007" signs are just replacing drab, black covers that usually grace the entrance? Perhaps there are new product signs underneath at least some of these posters and when people leave the keynote, the "Welcome to 2007" signs will be removed, revealing the newly-announced products underneath them. Just a thought.