or Connect

Posts by thrang

Just noticed the same thing...odd...
Oh this judge is winner... Ummmm, Mr. Judge, given Apple will sell hundreds of millions of devices that use this tech in a critical way, don't you think, umm, they might just want to be teensy weeny sure that it met the most stringent standards, lest, say, they had to recall and replace tens of millions of devices?
This was my personal pick long ago...He can nail this. If they take some liberties with Jobs' portrayal (allowing Bale to stretch from Jobs' single-purpose public persona to incorporate some emotional range), with a well written script he will probably get a best actor nomination. How's that for a baseless opinion?
Generally, I don't think people interested the Watch are considering the Pebble. Two different atmospheres... Not being crass, $500 is not a lot of money for a lot of Apple customers. Most Apple purchases comes at a premium for the design, usability, and ecosystem...and people line up to pay. People will pay for value.
Imagine the challenges when you're doing all three at the same time...
Apple probably has a pretty good idea as to the price points required for adoption based the number of devices we invest in and hold at any given time, upgrade cycles (willingness to commit new dollars to Apple). They can further broadly extrapolate individual or family income based on what we buy, and where prices need to be for absorption. Market timing is also important, which is why it would have made no sense to time the Apple Watch and new iPhone together.
As I posted in a pervious thread here several days ago, my prediction was 18-24M based a gross assumption of 350M eligible (compatible) devices worldwide, with a 5-7% buy in rate. Biggest surge in the end of calendar year of course, as it will be a juicy gift for the Apple-lover...
I doubt the $5k number on the high side, but its possible I suppose. However, I don't think there is an issue with obscelence here. Most of the processing and functionality is on the iPhone, which is already quite fast and will only get faster. Technology is sufficiently mature today (especially BT speeds) that the watch HW will likely remain more than adequately relevant for many years. Software will update, symbiotic functionality with the iPhone will mature...but the...
When you think about the abuses by governments with the incomprehensible gross mismanagement of tax revenues, resulting in a continuing, insatiable appetite to take more and more for their own reasons of control, I cannot ever get upset at any company or individual who works to minimize the tax they have to pay. If there were serious spending reforms at all levels, cleansing systems from ridiculous expenditures, redundancy, lack of fiscal oversight, financial cronyism,...
If his estimate of 189M new iPhone sales is generally accurate, coupled with existing active (non-upgrading) iPhone users who are not part of the 189M  what might Apple's worldwide active user base be? I've seen estimates of 400-450M today, so this will only grow over the next year Perhaps 500M? Still, say 350M will be usable with the Apple Watch.. An 5-7% buy in from a 350M available base would be 17.5-24.5M. I don't think 5-7% is unreasonable. Plus, the watch will...