or Connect

Posts by thrang

That would be nice, and perhaps its different now, but the last time this was being discussed about a year ago the Democrats wanted to exclude use of the repatriate money for dividends and buybacks. They wanted to direct it toward investment and hiring.
@proline What does beta mean to you? What are Apple's warnings about using betas? Your post contains little logic, for as far as I can tell, you presume that no crash of an app can be caused by the beta nature of the foundation all apps run on, iOS, and that there couldn't be changes by Apple as part of the beta process that might break things. As you say, if you can document that you are 100% certain this could never happen, post away. Further, you don't document how a...
These ads are excellent - wordless, visual storytelling that simply exemplifies how the Watch easily integrates into and can enrich your life. Good stuff. Much better than the copy writing in the "hardware part, software part, whose part" iPhone ad. Intent and overall style of those new iPhone ads are very good, but that voiceover is hokey...
They're good, though the voice-over in the first video could have been scripted better without saying "part" 114 times...
I know its a joke to post "feels snappy..." But....it does!
The forced requirement of iCloud Music Library and the non existent implementation of synchronized downloads of Offline content to all devices you own is a deal breaker for me. I like a lot of other things about Apple Music, though they did make it more complicated than it needed to be. So for now, I've disabled renewal for a family plan and auto renew for two Match accounts. Don't force me and my family to spend a lot more money per month for cellular data to constantly...
And that's a big problem in my estimation. The cloud is important for a lot of things, but I have no desire to be tethered to it 24/7 to access my stuff. Wifi is not close to being everywhere, and cellular data is both unreliable and very costly. As a family of four we are already paying AT&T about $230 a month for our four iPhones, that I have no desire to spend another $50-70 a month just for the privilege to access my data slowly and unreliablyThat's why I'm disliking...
The new service and iTunes is a clusterfick, sorry to say...Im a 25 year Apple user, the whole family is actually...   The problem starts with Apple forcing you to use icloud Music Library IF you want to use a very reasonable feature of Apple Music, offline listening.   This totally disables any normal local syncing, and you can even control what gets uploaded to the cloud - it tries to jam everything up there.   Of course, if you have your own music that does not...
So even though things appear "correct" for me, a CD I ripped last night is iTunes locally and uploaded to the Cloud, and appears on my iOS devices but only as an online file...I have to manually download it when I happen to be on wifi, which of course I wasn't when I discovered it wasn't available.   Is there no way to automatically download your music to a device, because if one has to manually do this and remember in advance what needs to be download, this is another...
So it seems no one at Apple slept last night, because this morning, it all seems to be working correctly (caveat below) The only thing I did before going to get last night was turn off iCloud Music in iTunes, quit & relaunched, and enabled iCloud music again. All my music, which is 95% ripped from CD's is now synced to iCloud Music Library, whether or not those titles are in the ITunes Store or not. HOWEVER, I noticed ITunes Match is still set to auto renew in my account...