or Connect

Posts by thrang

Worry about your charitable planning...
Cook would never name a building after himself, or even consider it if suggested to him, while CEO. That is hubris unknown to him.
The main road should be named after Steve, if for anything, that it sounds most naturally apropos...   "Steve Jobs Way", or more simply, "Jobs Way"...   Thus, the building would be " 1 Jobs Way" if they follow a similar naming convention like the current campus
I never sign even when prompted. I just draw a large X or long wavy line. The signatures mean nothing, no clerk ever checks anything anymore - the point of signing is so antiquated and useless it's laughable. Especially with a process that requires an owners' authenticated fingerprint to complete the transaction.
If you look at a screen grab, it appears the entire foundation is done, and they are already one their way building the first levels on it in various sections: 
Boy, its very easy to lose sense of the scale of this project - when I pause the video at certain points and look for people on the site, their relation to the ring is amazing:   There's a person near that white vehicle in the center...   While I'm sure they will locate groups logically vertically and horizontally around the ring, it may Tim all day to do a walk through and say hi. I wonder if there any people-moving concepts that will be put in play, other than...
I did read your post, and you were wrong on most counts. When I refer to speaking numbers or directions, it is to the BMW system. Siri would be for looking up a number on the net. Touch will never be the correct way for a driver to interface with a system while operating a vehicle at high speed. It is a poor way to do things, as evidenced by the LS460 I had for a year. In fact, Lexus management recognized it was potentially so dangerous that they disabled most of the...
I don't know how old your system is, but on my 2014 650, the iDrive infotainment system is fast, the display is very large and high in resolution - there are no issues reading text at all.  The navigation system, which updates over the air form the car's internal cell system, is very accurate, as is the traffic re-routing. I've no issues with voice commands, and often enter addresses by speaking them completely. I can say Dial and speak the number in one sentence and its...
As much as I want CarPlay to succeed, as a BMW owner I can tell you their iDrive system is very well thought out, and is not in need of being tossed, as opposed to many other car manufacturers' interfaces (I don't even like Mercedes COMAND very much)   Does anyone know, for example, if CarPlay requires touch interface or will it support physical cursor/screen location selection with something like the iDrive controller? It is much easier and safer to to use an physical...
Well, DiCaprio and Bale were both tied to the part earlier, but each bowed out of consideration is the unofficial talk. My vote was for Bale long before any rumors about him - thought he would be outstanding in the role, and physically could look much more like Jobs. But 'dems the breaks... If the writing is compelling, and Fassbender nails the essence of Jobs, it will probably work.