or Connect

Posts by thrang

I doubt the $5k number on the high side, but its possible I suppose. However, I don't think there is an issue with obscelence here. Most of the processing and functionality is on the iPhone, which is already quite fast and will only get faster. Technology is sufficiently mature today (especially BT speeds) that the watch HW will likely remain more than adequately relevant for many years. Software will update, symbiotic functionality with the iPhone will mature...but the...
When you think about the abuses by governments with the incomprehensible gross mismanagement of tax revenues, resulting in a continuing, insatiable appetite to take more and more for their own reasons of control, I cannot ever get upset at any company or individual who works to minimize the tax they have to pay. If there were serious spending reforms at all levels, cleansing systems from ridiculous expenditures, redundancy, lack of fiscal oversight, financial cronyism,...
If his estimate of 189M new iPhone sales is generally accurate, coupled with existing active (non-upgrading) iPhone users who are not part of the 189M  what might Apple's worldwide active user base be? I've seen estimates of 400-450M today, so this will only grow over the next year Perhaps 500M? Still, say 350M will be usable with the Apple Watch.. An 5-7% buy in from a 350M available base would be 17.5-24.5M. I don't think 5-7% is unreasonable. Plus, the watch will...
12M watches is waaaayy low....
This is hogwash. Apple would not need U2 to "develop" a new format...perhaps they would rely on one or more bands/artists in different genres to market a launch, but what's Bono going to say to Jony? "Hey man, I saw this cool one of kind device in a movie years ago that went to eleven... Can you do that?"
I'm no fan of AT&T, but I think the Next pricing works out to be the same as the no contract full retail pricing and there is no pre-pay penalty (so you can own the phone and sell it a year from now, not be forced to return it as part of an upgrade). You also can keep your $15 per month smartphone fee if you have the promo rate from last year, and not pay the current $25 per smartphone device fee now being collected. There is no contract and no cancellation fee.
For those attempting to make some valuation/longevity comparisons to luxury brands like Rolex, you are aware that the prices for the nice-to-really nice watches are something like $12-25k? 1299 or so is peanuts in comparison for the top tier Apple Watch. Since it will siphon services and functionality via Bluetooth from an iPhone, I suspect functionality will last far longer than people's desire to change. Newer watches may have more sensors and different designs, but...
I will no longer purchase from Best Buy unless a last resort; to processes returns they scan and store your drivers license! How's that for a ripe platform to hack?
Apple's entire site is down...well, I guess they are setting records for number of hits...
this sucks...cannot watch it on any device, and the asian translator is ludicrous....how was this not tested multiple times, nor be correctable? Huge Apple fan but extremely disappointed...