or Connect

Posts by thrang

I don't know patent law, but the patents posted here seems so broad that they would lay claim to almost any transaction conducted on a connected device. They read more like a laundry list of wish list ideas, not a designed/engineered structured process. I could write a detailed patent about how develop specialized hardware to land on Mars, quite detailed, referencing systems and process that work perfectly in my head - but that doesn't mean I've invented a damn...
Yes, 3rd might make more sense. I'm guessing store displays will be up shortly after the event so people can check it out and order what they want. If the Watch and bands are separate SKU's, it makes it a bit easier to order a watch (one of three styles), and a band within that style - don't like the band, just exchange that without Apple having to deal with returned Watches
Event March 9 Pre-orders March 16/23 Shipping and in stores April 6
This is a bit loony. While I would like to see a better spread of revenues and profits across more product lines, this kind of statement could have been made a year or two ago, and look where the stock is now. Bearish views seems to ignore the fact that there is still immense worldwide market share for Apple to capture, and their incredibly high customer satisfaction levels, along with a large product ecosystem that works extremely well, will continue to fuel upgrade...
Because lots of companies tacked an "i" in front of their products to leverage Apple's success. iPhone will eventually become Apple Phone.
I still think it's more Apple branded design and engineered systems, similar to what BMW DesignWorks services offers (where BMW contracts out its design and engineering expertise to other industry segments).
He looks a little bit, and sounds a little bit, like Ballmer mocking the iPhone way back...
 It is a nail, perhaps the first...the final will come in two years likely. It is rapidly expanding, the benefit of unique, encrypted token-transactions using your fingerprint undeniable to all three parties of the transaction. It could also be possible to use your fingerprint to generate a unique scannable code for expanding input, and secure BT transactions for services such as restaurants, gas fill-ups, tipping, etc... There is SO much that will be expanded, over time,...
I believe the play here is very much what BMW does with it's Designworks group:   http://designworksusa.com/design/   Essentially, they contract concept and design services with all sorts of business in different sectors (see the link), but don't actually manufacture anything (other than things in their own BMW and Mini lines)   Apple likely considers themselves a design business more than anything else (not to be dismissive of their insane skills in engineering,...
Still no 4k video...Canon, you've protected your flagship long enough, time to trickle down and unlock this.