or Connect

Posts by thrang

While i'm not convinced I want a larger phone, globally, there is a desire for larger smartphones, especially in Asian markets. As a global company, Apple needs to look at different markets, and when there is sufficient need that doesn't harm the brand otherwise, develop for them. I don't think Jobs would have had issue with that, not that he's the barometer any longer (nor can any of us extrapolate his opinion in 2014)   If Apple is doing this, the key will be their...
Of course, but it seems a lot of these early demos are showing touch as an alternative means...
Touch is not a good interface for a vehicle in motion...I've had a few cars with it, and at 60 miles an hour, its not ideal. Controllers like BMW's iDrive or Mercedes Command, while seemingly old school, are safer as you can comfortably rest your arm and wrist on the console, and deliver controlled movements to the interface. you spend more time looking at a touch screen to be sure you're pressing the right area than you do with a hard controller. In face, certain common...
It's shocking how ugly these watches are...I'd rather wear my Pulsar from the 70's...
How is something that was never announced described as "now-scrapped?"
Actor? How about Christian Bale? He had a slightly early Steve Jobs-ish look in American Hustle, and can certainly deliver the anger part real well...I think he is/was into Zen as well...
Nest did release an updated backplate about two months ago, but it still does not address a number of the issues that cause the blown FET failures.   If anyone has called lately, their tech support wait times have gone through the roof - there are more people than they would like to admit that are having issues - as the cold season hit the northeast, they are getting slammed with calls.   I absolutely wanted to keep the Nests - I liked the promise of what they could...
Nest is buying back all my thermostats (5 2.0 Nests) because of the blown FET (transistor) in the backplate issue - many people have this problem, and Nest does not know why certain systems present the issue.    The wiring digram says I'm compatible, but the compressor connection (Y1) keeps blowing, causing the compressor to run, air handler off, and overheating the Nest. I have a dual transformer system (separate transformers for the AC and Heat systems), and I suspect...
"This is the end.....my only friend, the end....."
What's funny, in light of Siri, is how this older application poo-poo's voice control...   SUMMARY OF THE CHALLENGE AND OPPORTUNITY  The automotive dashboard is today a confused array of switches, knobs, dials, gages, and other tactile physical selection or adjustment means and instruments. It is often hard to see and to understand, and can cause undo distraction to the driver. As a device, it is filled with different parts and thus expensive to manufacture both...