or Connect

Posts by thrang

Well, I haven't compared the two, but I've never had much of an issue seeing my Watch, even outdoors. Of course, bright sun will wash out almost any display except a Kindle digital ink... The bigger issue we all have is probably wiping our body oils away from any touch device...
Does anyone have an idea how streaming payouts work? What constitutes a "listen"? The entire song? 50%, after the first 30 seconds...?   How about repeat listens or partial listens by the same user over time? Same rate, or diminishing?   I know my kids constantly start and stop listening to a number of tracks before settling down and almost listening to one in its entirety (this says more about the quality of the crap they listen to then anything), but it got me...
I thought about this as well, but I think in general, the Watch will be a lot harder to spot than a phone - it much easier to see someone with a little brick pressed against their head or being beaten by their thumbs as they talk or text and walk blindly into a wall or another human. Glances and interaction with the watch will be less obvious, the device is of course much smaller, and for many, it will be hidden under jacket or short sleeves. My wife and I both are using...
What rewards? They are not collecting revenue during the trial...$0. When they do start collecting revenue, 71% is paid out immediately to the rights holders...
To say Apple "has 200 bn" in the bank as a significant reason why they should pay during the free trail is basically endorsing means-based pricing, which is not sensible. Their worth should have no bearing on the intrinsic value of the larger-context proposition, and it seems there is a desire to ignore the significant investment Apple is making. Since artists stand to benefit with a successful Apple Music venture, it is completely reasonable to ask that they throw in and...
Any business decision costs money, choosing to do something, not do something, choosing to participate or not participate in something... In this case, it was a reasonable effort to partner with artists to get the best possible launch to a system that is a paid model only that provided better payout than Spotify. It is an investment. for all parties. Artists do have a vested interest in seeing a better paid model succeed, but the attitude is quite short sighted.
The beneficiaries of this model are the labels/artists, by a more than 70/30 split after the trial. Apple is bringing a tremendous amount to the table to start this, and not collecting revenues during the trial. The TV analogy make perfect sense, since you are implying the value of something should be dependent upon what someone can afford to pay, not the intrinsic value. No wonder most of these artists struggle, they are clueless when a reasonable deal is placed before them.
The amount of money they have earned is not be material to what is the right investment for a business decision. That is an entitlement mentality.If you want to buy a new television and ask for the price, would you expect someone to first ask for your financial statement or last years tax return to determine how much they should charge you?It's actually very telling to me that the responses may fall this way, as opposed to a more rational view of what each party was doing...
Lol, there are lots of unpaid intern positions that are taken in the hopes of getting a job. You can't be serious...If you don't like the terms, stay as a download only distro model...Oh, you don't want to miss out on the Apple Music opportunity...I suspect a lot of artists are fine with the original model, because they're smart enough to see the mid and long term benefit.
And hundreds of millions ARE coming out of Apple's pockets, for something that will benefit Apple less than 30% and the rights holders more than 70%. The subtext of what Swift and a few other high profile artists are saying is the Apple could "afford" to pay them while offering the free trial, which is of course ironic because those very same artists are the ones that could most easily afford to not collect royalties for a few months and help a pay streaming service launch...