or Connect

Posts by thrang

There's little logic. There are many permutations of iTunes installations. Many may only have purchased music for years, and have't ripped a CD in ages. Others may do the opposite, and buy CD's so they can rip lossless. Some use Match. Some don't. Some don't, but used to. Etc. Etc. Etc.
It's been a mess for me as well. Turning on ITunes in the Cloud caused countless lower res Match versions of my ripped music to appear in my Library. I could set iTunes to only show local files, but then how would I see Appe Music files saved for offline listening? I turned off Match some time ago, and cancelled renewal also some time ago, but tuff must have been there. Why you can't delete it makes no sense. It also split some albums into two, and randomly mixed iCloud...
Wasn't 2013 when Apple Maps was really being criticized as poor? These hires were either good people who were brought in to fix Maps but then left for some reason, or, they were part of the old flotsam and jetsam being cleared out as part of improving things over the past two years.
Well, I haven't compared the two, but I've never had much of an issue seeing my Watch, even outdoors. Of course, bright sun will wash out almost any display except a Kindle digital ink... The bigger issue we all have is probably wiping our body oils away from any touch device...
Does anyone have an idea how streaming payouts work? What constitutes a "listen"? The entire song? 50%, after the first 30 seconds...?   How about repeat listens or partial listens by the same user over time? Same rate, or diminishing?   I know my kids constantly start and stop listening to a number of tracks before settling down and almost listening to one in its entirety (this says more about the quality of the crap they listen to then anything), but it got me...
I thought about this as well, but I think in general, the Watch will be a lot harder to spot than a phone - it much easier to see someone with a little brick pressed against their head or being beaten by their thumbs as they talk or text and walk blindly into a wall or another human. Glances and interaction with the watch will be less obvious, the device is of course much smaller, and for many, it will be hidden under jacket or short sleeves. My wife and I both are using...
What rewards? They are not collecting revenue during the trial...$0. When they do start collecting revenue, 71% is paid out immediately to the rights holders...
To say Apple "has 200 bn" in the bank as a significant reason why they should pay during the free trail is basically endorsing means-based pricing, which is not sensible. Their worth should have no bearing on the intrinsic value of the larger-context proposition, and it seems there is a desire to ignore the significant investment Apple is making. Since artists stand to benefit with a successful Apple Music venture, it is completely reasonable to ask that they throw in and...
Any business decision costs money, choosing to do something, not do something, choosing to participate or not participate in something... In this case, it was a reasonable effort to partner with artists to get the best possible launch to a system that is a paid model only that provided better payout than Spotify. It is an investment. for all parties. Artists do have a vested interest in seeing a better paid model succeed, but the attitude is quite short sighted.
The beneficiaries of this model are the labels/artists, by a more than 70/30 split after the trial. Apple is bringing a tremendous amount to the table to start this, and not collecting revenues during the trial. The TV analogy make perfect sense, since you are implying the value of something should be dependent upon what someone can afford to pay, not the intrinsic value. No wonder most of these artists struggle, they are clueless when a reasonable deal is placed before them.