or Connect

Posts by thrang

We can differ in opinion about whether one can surmise or extrapolate the "right" thing to do today by looking at the examples in the past, but for you to consistently saying I'm "dragging his name through the mud" or not letting him "rest in peace" is out of place. I'm doing neither, and my words do not state or imply this.
You're a bit unstable on this issue...it's is not uncommon at all to reference history when discussing the present or future. And if you have checked, history is largely filled with people who have passed on. Understanding past behaviors can help inform the present.Further there is no disrespecting or disparaging anyone here. In fact, I was referencing a positive quality in Jobs that I think at times is increasingly missing at Apple right now.The real issue is Apple's...
STFU?Cogent discussion...If you can't see the contrast being made regarding the topic at hand can't help you. There is no disrespect to anyone to look back at history for a comparative analysis.
Stop with the disrespect nonsense. Steve, his actions, his decisions, are integral to the company history. Are you saying it's never wise to look at history to help inform the right decisions for the future? There isn't a category I know iPod where smart people don't look at what came before them to understand things better.Anyway, I really rarely invoke his name, as the opinions are my own. I did in this case because I was making parallels to the current executive team...
Other than perhaps responding to that person?I'm speaking about SJ's well documented insanity for getting the details right, and the general feeling is the new Music app and Apple Music service have many details, and even more fundamental things, wrong...its not a stretch at all to think it would not have been released in this form under Jobs.So really all I'm saying is the current executive team needs to have a very similar mindset, actually even moreso, as they expand...
A lot of this is expanding existing technologies by plopping new circles on the Venn diagram, which is smart I think...new ways to expand depth and breadth of core technologies, to improve user experience and of course, sales. Project Titan, if really a car, is different, and is pushing boundaries at a time when Apple has almost unlimited cash. But I think they do need a strong focus on usability, and the executives really better eat their own dog feed like Steve did. The...
Where in 2015 are there public places with a room full of smokers? At least in the northeast, there are 0.
It's simple ergonomics...unless you are contorting your finger around the circumference of the bezel, using your forefinger in a pointing motion to spin the bezel in the upper half will naturally cause your finger to cover a portion of the screen, which often won't make sense for a smart watch, where you're trying to see and interact with things. Only smaller motions from 3 or 9 o'clock downward will leave the face completely openThe digital crown is meant to leave the...
It doesn't matter...put your forefinger at 3 pm and turn it counter clockwise to noon or 11 am...
You can practice on your wrist with any watch...if you're grasping the bezel with your thumb and forefinger, once you turn about 15-20 degrees of arc, one of your fingers begins to cross over a portion of the face