or Connect

Posts by thrang

12M watches is waaaayy low....
This is hogwash. Apple would not need U2 to "develop" a new format...perhaps they would rely on one or more bands/artists in different genres to market a launch, but what's Bono going to say to Jony? "Hey man, I saw this cool one of kind device in a movie years ago that went to eleven... Can you do that?"
I'm no fan of AT&T, but I think the Next pricing works out to be the same as the no contract full retail pricing and there is no pre-pay penalty (so you can own the phone and sell it a year from now, not be forced to return it as part of an upgrade). You also can keep your $15 per month smartphone fee if you have the promo rate from last year, and not pay the current $25 per smartphone device fee now being collected. There is no contract and no cancellation fee.
For those attempting to make some valuation/longevity comparisons to luxury brands like Rolex, you are aware that the prices for the nice-to-really nice watches are something like $12-25k? 1299 or so is peanuts in comparison for the top tier Apple Watch. Since it will siphon services and functionality via Bluetooth from an iPhone, I suspect functionality will last far longer than people's desire to change. Newer watches may have more sensors and different designs, but...
I will no longer purchase from Best Buy unless a last resort; to processes returns they scan and store your drivers license! How's that for a ripe platform to hack?
Apple's entire site is down...well, I guess they are setting records for number of hits...
this sucks...cannot watch it on any device, and the asian translator is ludicrous....how was this not tested multiple times, nor be correctable? Huge Apple fan but extremely disappointed...
Other then the countdown page, Apple has said or done zilch. The promo is ABC's invention not Apple's -Historic might very well be announcing the solution to TV Steve implied before his death. The invite says very little, but the hard shadow along the logo implied to me the Apple was saying its the dawn of a new day...a big promise to live up to. How they could keep such a paradigm shift quiet seems impossible however...
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/response-deck-sbc/id604761212?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
Great ad, and the music fits extremely well.   You're missing the point if you don't personally like the music. There are a lot of choices in many ads that work extremely well as a holistic entity - I'm not not looking to buy an Andrew Dice Clay comedy album, but he works extremely well as the talking hamster in the Sprint ads. I wouldn't buy the song in this ad, but it works well in context.   Apple is taking a very different road with their ads, again distinguishing...