or Connect

Posts by thrang

AGREED!I think Apple's decision NOT to offer voice dialing is marketing-driven. Despite the clear need to have this, remember that as soon as they introduce it, millions of iPhones will suddenly remain hidden in pockets, purses, briefcases, an belt clips. And right now, I think Apple wants those iPhone OUT in the OPEN as frequently as possible to garner as much attention as possible. But in reality, they are sacrificing sales and safety by not including this. Voice dialing...
1) Voice Dialing is important for many - my father won't buy one without it because he's used to pressing the button on his Jabra earset and speaking the name to dial on his Motorola V710. Really, anyone who drives. talks, and doesn't have sophisticated car phone integration can use this feature. And even when you're walking around, it's nice to not have to pull your phone out when you simply want to dial. But Apple WANTS people to pull the phone out, to show it off...
More broadly - do you think if concerns about the US economy persist, companies like Apple will begin to shelve new product launches until such time that they can gain maximum leverage over their launch excitement?
from a Yahoo Finance article yesterday: -- Apple's inflexible pricing: Zucker said that the decision to let its TV programming download deal with Apple expire wasn't difficult. "We had 40 percent of the market share on the video side of iTunes, we were most popular." Somewhat dismissively, Zucker noted the Apple deal was worth $15 million in profit to NBCU last year. "Still, that's nothing to sneeze at that, every dollar matters. But it wasn't the game changer for us that...
I was an MG for a year, and they are trained not to speculate beyond what Apple officially states about a situation. Minimal personal commentary, and no comment on third party or even Apple discussion forum posts. In the back room, I would say most MG's ARE aware of such posts in places like this, but you can be reprimanded and ulitmately terminated if you stray from this approach. If you really think about it, it's the right way to do things, provided the ultimate goal is...
like Apple has been sued every month for the past two years...but we tend to hear mostly about the filing, never any outcome - are they all wallowing for years, are they settled, thrown out? Just curious how all these claims are ultimately disposed of I suppose Apple's annual report would highlight all major suits and their status... Is there a web site that lists all outstanding suits against corporations?
How old are you? You don't "pay" for options unless you exercise them - he didn't need a dime to "invest" up front. He was awarded the options (certain number of share) at a strike price, and if he exercises the options, has pays the per-share strike price - the "cost" of the stock, which is deducted from the profit of exercising the options at current market value. Further, this is not laundering money (Why do I bother...)
Anyone here who thinks Apple "capitulated" to "whiners" is, excuse me, a moron - Apple should have done this proactively, not reactively. Apple had the right to do what it did (lower the price), but the timing and severity of the price cut was a direct slap in the face of the early adopters, plain and simple - it comes off as nothing more than gouging. It's really unprecedented - well, wait, they cut the price of Aperture too - but proactively offer a $200 Apple-store...
Don't know about the latest "wood" designed genius bars, but when I worked for a year as an MG, we had the original "curvy", all-white, tapered bar - seamlessly blended into the left side was a wheelchair-height slide out desktop, so someone at a seated level could pull right up like you would at a desk. Saw it used once in my entire time there. Still, in the picture in the article, it seems there is a desk height section connected to the GB - even though they have some...
...on whether the sheer number of ads might be indicative that iPhone sales are not where Apple had hoped they would be? I bought one day one and love it, but I know only one other person who has one - price and AT&T seem to be the mitigating factors from the conversations I'm having with friends and co-workers...