or Connect

Posts by thrang

On the surface, the answer would and should be yes. Many have felt his time away has proven Apple's ability to survive or thrive without Jobs at the helm. But does anyone sense that Apple has also been mildly aimless over the past year and half, perhaps connected with Job's period of illness and reduced input? Apple's marketing hype still does a great job in making us believe many things, but in reality, most product introductions have been incremental improvements or...
What would an Apple television be, other than a panel with ATV capabilities built in? You can easily add the ATV now, so why would Apple want to get into the cuthroat flat panel market? As well, why get involved in the mess of CableCards and dealing with regional cable companies and their dunderhead technical abilities? I think the approach in this area would more be embedded systems - developing and licensing a customized Apple-built OS/Interface for cable or...
Isn't it "uptick" and not "tickup"?
Apple should not make such a donation. If Jobs and/or other executives wish to support a political cause not directly related to the operation of the company, they can and should certainly make private donations.
quick update - After several odd reboots, things seem stable and ARD is working, so something was particular with my system...
Hmmm.... 10.5.5. Install went fine, and Spotlight is currently re-indexing, but at the moment, ARD 3.0 Admin won't launch, giving me an error that says the software may not be installed correctly... After spotlight is done, I'll repair permissions and reboot, but an early warning if you rely on ARD that something may be fishy...
Boy, they're really burning the midnight oil there....
And Apple's ad agency must already be busy whipping up a new Mac/PC tv ad with THIS gem as its theme...
Microsoft has been called out before for being "inspired" by Apple's endeavors when developing some of their own products, but I think here, Ballmer is saying Microsoft will try and copy the entire company this time This is astounding in certain ways, and speaks volumes to the idiocy of Dancing Monkey Boy. This will be the largest copy and paste attempted in the history of computers.
My point is that should have been figured out in release 1.0 of the original iPhone.