or Connect

Posts by thrang

The latest Sony Dealer price list indicates their XEL1 11" OLED TV has been "discontinued with no additional incoming"....
Even as a big Apple proponent, I've asked myself the same question.Nice, but if that's it, it would be a major failure in terms of mass adoption. My take (hope) is it will be the unifying device for all your iApp and Internet based media - a master control center to view or listen locally, or direct content to various computers, Airport Express', and ATV devices. Perhaps a mesh network with connected devices. including iPhones or Touches, to push/pull information,...
If AT&T were to release the MicroCell product now, it would be the most direct admission yet that there own network is poor, and would just inject a boatload of fuel to Verizon's ad campaign highlighting AT&T's spotty coverage. Even if the device is technically ready, I don't think they know how to market it successfully in light of the current Verizon campaign. Another minor question I've always pondered is what will ISP's say/do with the added network traffic...
I'm sick and tired of AT&T's recent PR push to tout their "investments" in providing quality services. I live in northern NJ and have been in contact with a senior AT&T systems engineer for more than a year, and the areas that were crappy last year are still crappy today. Whatever they're doing isn't resulting in improved end-to-end performance.
they open the first Microsoft store - then I'll break in, and in 31 seconds I will leave behind all the useless PC shit I own
I'm no fan of Pie Star, but can they just sell the hardware and whatever "enabler" software they use, and have an end user buy a retail copy of OS X and install it themselves? For those who don't understand Apple's position, you would if you spent the dollars on R&D, education, support infrastructure, advertising and marketing, among other categories. Apple's success (and our benefit) has been built by carefully managing and balancing an airtight ship with enough portals...
I think it means "irritable bowels", which most Windows users suffer from....
Yeah, maybe I missed if someone commented on this it because it's tough to read inane comments post after post, but Apple has orders of magnitude greater costs that go into its products bottom line, from R&D, to manufacturing, to marketing, to support and service infrastructure, to physical plants and personnel, to compliance, legal, accounting, industrial design, packaging, retail suport and service centers - the list is enormous, and the profitability has to be strong...
May not be the truth in terms of current laws, but these laws are nonsense and are just another example of government interference in private affairs. That house could sit there another 100 years and it will have no impact in any aspect of anyone's life. Document the hell out if it, take a million pictures, a 100 hours of video, and make it the subject of a course in architectural school if it's so important and see if it drives or inspires contemporaneous version of it. I...
On the surface, the answer would and should be yes. Many have felt his time away has proven Apple's ability to survive or thrive without Jobs at the helm. But does anyone sense that Apple has also been mildly aimless over the past year and half, perhaps connected with Job's period of illness and reduced input? Apple's marketing hype still does a great job in making us believe many things, but in reality, most product introductions have been incremental improvements or...