or Connect

Posts by thrang

Well, given that Steve had a wife and kids, one might say not at least considering Tim's offer could be construed as selfish in some respects.   Clearly, his choice, and we don't know all the circumstances, but the excerpt seems to imply, from a time frame perspective, it would have had some decent chance of saving him.
I am mildly concerned that the length of time this is taking to remedy, still ongoing, is because the issue was from external intrusion. If it was some planned change, I cannot imagine it is not tested on offline systems, nor would it have launched just before the start of the day. And if some error was introduced by Apple, they should have the ability to roll back very quickly. It is smelling a little odd at this stage, though I hope my speculation is completely misguided.
I don't know about this analysis...I don't use a laptop, but my college age son and working daughter and wife all have their own...son and daughter really never use any ports except headphones, and that's rare. Wife uses none except USB occasionally for a memory stick...and that's because she's too lazy to clean crap offer computer and doesn't use the shared drive on the network. Can the usbc connector accept a USB stick or cable directly? If so, you wouldn't even need a...
I had posted on this idea of obsolescence months earlier...it may not be as much of an issue as many are opining.   First, the Watch is designed to leverage the power of the iPhone...so unless the current watch is "slow" transferring the required data back and forth to the iPhone, which I doubt, or unless the screen is inferior in some way (which I doubt), much of the improvement of the experience, if any is to be had, would likely come when you buy a new iPhone. Fairly...
The other part of this is Apple is also defining a new market with the Watch, as a high tech branch of the traditional watch market.   Yes, Apple Watch tells time and shows you the date. But everything else it does, and how it does it, is really forging a new definition of luxurytech that differs so greatly from the traditional watch, that the definitions of form, function, value, and prestige are being challenged to change.   If Apple succeeds, and I believe they will...
The Sport and Steel edition seem rightly priced, and will likely comprise 90% of the revenue. I too thought the Gold would range from $5-8k and up, depending upon band (i.e. a gold band as well would drastically increase the cost, as it would any watch) Given the guts of the watch are identical from low end to high end, and without having a video describing the manufacturing process of the Edition that might explain its increased cost, it does seem high to me. There are...
$23M
Once again, how can there be a delay of a product unacknowledged and unannounced by a manufacturer? And AAPL dips on the fake news... And further, they have little need to announce a new iPad this soon after the imminent launch of the Watch, and likely other product refreshes. I mean, its not like they need the money...
I don't know patent law, but the patents posted here seems so broad that they would lay claim to almost any transaction conducted on a connected device. They read more like a laundry list of wish list ideas, not a designed/engineered structured process. I could write a detailed patent about how develop specialized hardware to land on Mars, quite detailed, referencing systems and process that work perfectly in my head - but that doesn't mean I've invented a damn...
Yes, 3rd might make more sense. I'm guessing store displays will be up shortly after the event so people can check it out and order what they want. If the Watch and bands are separate SKU's, it makes it a bit easier to order a watch (one of three styles), and a band within that style - don't like the band, just exchange that without Apple having to deal with returned Watches