or Connect

Posts by thrang

I think you launch with 32/64/128 options, then some time after the initial surge, time an introduction of a lower cost 16 version...
They paid $8.5Bn for Skype? What multiple of earnings was that? And Apple built FaceTime in house...I get that Skype does a few more things, but that says a lot I think...
How long before there's a fire sale? If you're happy with and invested in the Apple ecosystem, there is no compelling reason to switch away. And I don't know many people who aren't very happy with the ecosystem. I don't see the long term benefit of the pseudo 3d at all (I bet most people turned off the similar, more subtle feature on their iPhones) It might steal some thunder from existing Android manufacturers Plus, new IPhones and ios8 are around the corner, so the...
Apple's new Search (well the resurrection of Sherlock, if you're old enough to remember) is to me the most pointed dagger toward Google. If Apple does this right, more and more users will rely on Search as a go to tool, and not google.com and their ad revenue model. Search provides the foundation for Apple to launch its own search engine, which I think is strategically important for Apple. Getting the front end right first is a large baby step...once operating smoothly,...
Not only will the split price make it more attractive for the masses, my understanding is even a number of institutional investors have certain per share cost ceilings they are averse to cross...so I think apple will become more of a play for institutional as well as individual investors.
They are brain-dead pseudo-designs - while Apple could easily innovate ways to minimize inadvertent touches, the bottom line is a touch device will require reliable grab areas and unemcumbered screen visibility.
Ok, here's some absurd idle speculation - but if Apple is interested in Beats, I wonder if some of the interest is in Iovine's and Dre's perceived marketing savvy. Essentially, they've built a premium brand that apparently owns the high-end market, growing year after year, largely on a hardware line that is deemed to be average or slightly above average - certainly not a quality commensurate with the prices charged. If Schiller's email revealed in the Samsung trial is...
While i'm not convinced I want a larger phone, globally, there is a desire for larger smartphones, especially in Asian markets. As a global company, Apple needs to look at different markets, and when there is sufficient need that doesn't harm the brand otherwise, develop for them. I don't think Jobs would have had issue with that, not that he's the barometer any longer (nor can any of us extrapolate his opinion in 2014)   If Apple is doing this, the key will be their...
Of course, but it seems a lot of these early demos are showing touch as an alternative means...
Touch is not a good interface for a vehicle in motion...I've had a few cars with it, and at 60 miles an hour, its not ideal. Controllers like BMW's iDrive or Mercedes Command, while seemingly old school, are safer as you can comfortably rest your arm and wrist on the console, and deliver controlled movements to the interface. you spend more time looking at a touch screen to be sure you're pressing the right area than you do with a hard controller. In face, certain common...