or Connect

Posts by thrang

It is a hardware, software, and services company, and services will increase in importance over the next decade. If you cannot see that, you don't know business 101.The differences is can you offer pay services that are valuable, and not just track you like big brother and sell the bread crumbs you've left behind...
It's not about their search algorithms...it's about tracking every breath you take...its insidious...You have the choice to use it, and until there is something better, most will. But you should be surprised that many would prefer a viable alternative.
I said years ago that Apple is developing an alternative search engine...the overbuilding of all the server farms was one indication, but hiding in plain sight was the introduction of Spotlight, which allows Internet searches from within the application (no ads). And Sherlock was of course a very early predecessor of the same concept. Given the importance of search on the web, relying on others is not a good model. Even if they don't launch it for a while, its presence...
To be fair, Tim's response in the conference call was artfully broad, about the response being overwhelming. Response could of course mean many things, and since they were not talking numbers for the watch (and likely won't talk much since it is not in its own reporting category), you can also understand his vagueness. I'm pretty certain there is a confluence of events...high demand, one or more component or manufacturing issues, and perhaps purposeful slow roll out to...
It is fascinating to see a company so rudderless and confused that they vaccillate between mocking their competitor to fully endorsing them through mimicking them. But no matter what, their efforts reinforce the fact that they rarely innovate and mostly copy, and whose intellectual capacity is becoming as diminished as their shrinking profits
I'm sure lower margins are also because of lower anticipated yields or early manufacturing/component issues. For example, the taptic engine if the stories are true.. Interestingly, I ordered my wife a smaller Watch and myself the larger one, both stainless steel, within a few minutes that Friday morning (Milanese loop for my wife's and stainless steel band for me) Though both had the same mid-to-late May arrival target date, my wife's arrived two days ago...mine is still...
I know it's not the point of this article, and I understand it's a personal choice, but why do people mark their body so severely? There's almost nothing in life that is permanent, from relationships to interests to style, yet people permanently mark their body with some statement, which, of course, often diminishes in importance, and thus a new tattoo is required...repeat...repeat...repeat... Eventually you are left with an ugly pastiche of your past, some or much or...
Not everyone upgrades every year, so it makes sense that a lot of people are waiting for contracts to expire or simply to allocate the money for the next revision. A good percentage are probably waiting for the 6s or 7 or whatever it's called. So these sales numbers are staggeringly good since they are mostly first time users or switchers. Of course why the stock price has dropped this morning is unanswerable... When you couple this with the incredibly high custsat...
Wow, excellent ads! Very impactful, illustrative, understated and especially intriguing for those who wondered how they might use a Watch.
LOL...yes, it was just him, alone, at a desk, toiling away on a Mac Plus, under a dim bare bulb light...he shared the development with no one, shunned any assistance at all, and kept the code locked away on his vintage Newton. Further, this was not viewed as a liability at all by Apple... jesus is right...