or Connect

Posts by thrang

Apple is successful for many reasons - one of them is they are NOT sliced up into separate entities. All oars row the boat...They are remarkably agile and responsive for such a massive company, because of this. If something doesn't work, any or all divisions have an active responsibility to fix the issue and right any wrongs. In a walled garden, it is much harder to accomplish things because there are separate motivations. The key is having a focused business model, with...
The new Music App needs help. As brilliant as he has been for Apple, I don't know if Jony Ive is the best person to drive UI. Things have become so sparse, flat, hidden, and minimized that it sometimes becomes an egg hunt game to find things. Apple is trying to teach everyone a new UI vocabulary, and I understand the need to a certain extent given the limited real estate of portable devices. But it took a friend and I almost 20 minutes to find how to see all the titles...
I do use it every opportunity I can, several times a week, pretty much exclusively with my Watch. But this is more a terminal issue than anything...how many people will look to use it if many places are not set up to accept it? And once again, who is pyments.com, and how in the world would they get such data sets? They don't seem to mention anything about the survey size, from which merchants or financial institutions they culled data, methodology, geo, etc etc. More...
YepMost cars, especially luxury vehicles, have their own internal cellular phone for emergency, service data, concierge services, updates, etc...If there is any crumb of truth to this rumor, it likely would be for a segmented network for specialized use such as in a car...
There is no strategy that will beat Apple for any of them...those of us who have been following Apple long enough have said the clichéd words ecosystem and synergy long before fashionable on business news channels and blogs. Apple owns both, competition can only sniff and lick their lips. Combined with Apple's incredibly high custsat ratings, strong innovation, and stringent focus on quality of product and experience, where do Samsung and others wedge in? And as Apple...
Battery life?
That would be nice, and perhaps its different now, but the last time this was being discussed about a year ago the Democrats wanted to exclude use of the repatriate money for dividends and buybacks. They wanted to direct it toward investment and hiring.
@proline What does beta mean to you? What are Apple's warnings about using betas? Your post contains little logic, for as far as I can tell, you presume that no crash of an app can be caused by the beta nature of the foundation all apps run on, iOS, and that there couldn't be changes by Apple as part of the beta process that might break things. As you say, if you can document that you are 100% certain this could never happen, post away. Further, you don't document how a...
These ads are excellent - wordless, visual storytelling that simply exemplifies how the Watch easily integrates into and can enrich your life. Good stuff. Much better than the copy writing in the "hardware part, software part, whose part" iPhone ad. Intent and overall style of those new iPhone ads are very good, but that voiceover is hokey...
They're good, though the voice-over in the first video could have been scripted better without saying "part" 114 times...