or Connect

Posts by thrang

No channel stuffing to boost short terms numbers is what they do - Apple does not do this. Note how a lot of companies talk about how many units "shipped" vs, "sold." Apple talk sold, companies trying to mask the reality tend to talk shipped.
Wouldn't Steve have his own, singularly prime best parking spot on campus? Or many around the campus?
You know this for certain because....? Do you remember the switch to Intel from Motorola for OS X? When it happened, it was revealed that Apple secretly had been building and testing the Intel version simultaneously with public Motorola version. They had their insurance in back pocket. I'm assuming there are plenty of proto iPhones in the labs of Apple, all running different hardware and versions of iOS - 80 billion in the bank funds that kind of insurance...
The activation trend line is mildly concerning from an Apple perspective...
Way to tell 'em, tough guy.... So the ample pre-order time, the estimated 1 million phones sold in the first 24 hours, and lines that are still forming (even in bad weather her win NY), aren't enough early data point for you to acknowledge there may be a smidge of interest in the 4S? Your "struck down" comment is offensive to most, I would think.
Probably just a coincidence, but I failed for times in a row (Error 3014) - I was using Google and OpenDNS for my domain resolution - I switched my local router, which uses my ISP (Optimum Online), and it worked immediately for my iPhone.
Lots of posts here from people who probably didn't ever break a sweat inventing something or invest in a business. To "wipe out any tech patents that are obviously needed for progress' is one of the more juvenile things I've heard. Unless you want government sponsored R&D and free IP for all areas of our life, private enterprise will expect to have its often substantial investments protected and/or remunerated. Else why invest the time and money? The focus should be...
After the horrendous Star Wars Blu Ray release, I'd say no he couldn't!
First row, aisle seat, a big reserved sign on it for the whole event, prominent in repeated shots of the audience. Even at the Oscars they fill seats with warms bodies when somebody goes to take a leak... It seemed purposeful.
In terms of the product, its a solid upgrade to a phone that's selling extremely well. There's a time to "kill your own children" but Apple's sell-though figures and projections must indicate that now is not the time. You there is a distinct advantage to leverage R&D investment for as long as you can without hurting your market position or feature offerings, and short of a larger screen, there's not much else a new form factor would do other than 'be different-looking" In...