or Connect

Posts by thrang

Clearly, Apple has not cared at all about Apple TV sales for some time...they have done no promotion or advertising of the product at all (or of any memorable significance), the interface has seen no meaningful change, nor has the hardware.   So either they really don't care about the segment (and thus the sales or market share numbers), or they will release something fairly significant (and likely change those numbers).   I'm sure Apple really wants to make a splash...
Who said people weren't using their Watches? This is great news!
Not so sure...why INTRODUCE such as mess except that Apple conscientiously wanted this model? Those aren't trivial design errors...they impact use for tens of millions of users...no wonder many walked away if the survey is accurate...I turned it off already for these reasons.
Until Apple - stops forcing use of iTunes in the Cloud for Offline listening - stops forcing you to stream your own library from the cloud on you enable iTunes in the Cloud - recognizes the all the time streaming is unreliable and quite costly since cellular will be required - enables Automatic Downloads of Apple Music streams/rentals to all registered devices, just like Music Store purchases currently work our family of four is out. It is a mess to use right...
I bought two of these on Amazon for my wife and I, and love it - simple, low profile, the correct orientation for Nightstand Mode, and a nice tacky base to hold it firm to our nightstands.     from Spigen.
Once kinks are worked out, I can get past any trust concerns...really its availability and cost of streaming everything, all the time, including your own music, when local sync works perfectly fine.   A family of 4 with cellular data turned on for Apple Music all four iPhones and perhaps an iPad or two will not be a cheap endeavor unless you have T-Mobile, which stinks in large swaths here.   And even then, a continuous connection here in the well-populated northern NJ...
Wait till they cart out the inflatable rat...  
Here's something else I noticed...if you use an external USB DAC for higher quality headphone or two channel listening, players such as Pure Music, Amarra Symphony, or Bit Perfect can't pass the Apple Music files to the DAC....they either remain paused, or play thought the computer speakers only
Yes, it is either not well thought out or more nefarious then I'd like to think Apple is...
There's not a single answer. On your computer (iTunes), your personal local music remains on your computer. If you enable iTunes in the Cloud, your personal music is uploaded to the cloud, and STREAMS to your iOS devices. You no longer can sync your music locally to your devices. You must stream even your own music. Enabling iTunes in the Cloud lets to store Apple Music for offline listening If you do not enable iTunes in the Cloud, you continue to sync normally, but you...