or Connect

Posts by thrang

And where is Woz and where is Jobs? Woz's "way" can be fun for some technical people who like to tinker, and Woz's "way" is brilliant from a product development perspective, but that is not of interest to Apple when they think about their markets (and I suspect the company would be dead years ago it if catered excessively to that way). It's why so many people, forced to tinker with their shoddy Windows OS, are steadily moving to the calm waters of the Mac/iPhone OS's. It...
I have a 32 GB iPad, connecting to an Apple WDS network with WPA2 Personal security (one Airport Extreme and three Airport Express - N only) in my home, and connection is rock solid - in fact, it is the best wireless device I have in terms of signal strength/actual performance (my other devices are Intel iMacs, a Mac Pro, a MacBook Air, an original MacBook Pro 17, and three iPhone 3g/3gs) My parents have a 16 gb iPad, with a single Linksys/Cisco wireless N router with...
Overall, the iPad is one of the more incredible devices I've held in my hands - it is true that only once you use one will you appreciate what it packs into such a compact package. Highlights: - very fast - yes, dare I say snappy, but in the most legitimate way - not just launching apps and using them, but for many of the touch functions as well. Internet access is also blistering. - extremely bright, detailed, and colorful screen - tremendous battery life -...
Maybe people aren't that interested in it! But I doubt that... Preorders is a huge reason - I ordered three iPads, two in hand now, and a 3gs version coming - all from home. Conversely, my son and I were waiting on two different lines for the original iPhone in two different malls to see who would get lucky. And as others have noted, no activation process with the iPad - it took 10 to 20 minutes to "sell" a single iPhone because of the activation process/problems, etc.,...
I would think it's more of reviewing sales/feature script (so there is message uniformity), and likely demonstrating the sample/test content that the staff should use to show the iPad to customers - again, to maximize the first impression experience. Knowing Apple, they will tell staff how to answer a variety of questions so there is consistency in information dissemination, reaffirm the "don't guess, ask" rule if you're not sure how to answer, and give them updates as to...
HP will certainly sell some units, but Apple's approach to build a consumption-oriented device with an advanced, purpose-built touch interface OS with (we hope) great battery life is probably one that will bring it tremendous success. The iPad leverages/improves upon the great experience most have had with their iPhone/Touch (which in many ways were also a "test" for Apple to see how much people would embrace their concept of touch computing). With great desktop OS app...
Yep, I've got two pending transactions for the full amount for my two separate iPad orders...
Well, did anyone? I mean, it's easy to say something could have happened, but if it didn't then no insider information was utilized. If it did occur I'm sure there will be an SEC investigation...And if you're worried about "insider" information, I'm quite sure executives from any corporation have access to oodles more important things - like new product information, trend analysis, commodities/future pricing, product shortfalls, failure rates, etc...There are blind trusts...
Well, why do people have more than one computer in their home too? Convenience for one...and the iPad is set up to be a killer device in terms of convenient (portable/lightweight) convergence of all different media type playback, as well as providing good options for productivity/communication. Not all web content is the same or free as their print counterparts, and they are becoming increasingly annoying to traverse as more developers infest roadblock or pop-up ads in...
I'm one who's also gotten replies (more than one) from Steve on other issues. Presuming they are from him, I wonder what the process is for which emails he actually sees and responds to... I would imagine, (especially since its publicly known he does reply to some emails), that he receives hundreds a day and he can't possibly have the time to read them all personally...There must be some gatekeepers that screens and pass through the ones he thinks he might like to...