or Connect

Posts by photoeditor

Well, there went Boot Camp as a serious application.
If there's a decent education rate, I'll give it a second look. I'm still not sure I'll buy it. Apple has DRAMATICALLY improved iWork, in my view, and among other things, the result is that I can get through consecutive classes in teaching, using Keynote slides, with just the battery -- something that would have been unthinkable with iWork 09 with the applications hammering the processor and keeping the computer at 65 degrees Celsius. I really want to see Microsoft...
I still think that when the story of this era of Apple finally comes out, the dirty little truth will be that Steve Jobs' health went seriously south earlier than anyone even hinted at, and from about early 2009 on, the principal dynamic at the top was drama among the senior VPs, not leadership from Jobs -- and the result of that was stalemate, and the company coping by opting for no decisions at all instead of bad or split decisions. Jobs had such a long lead time on...
And hopefully this is the "next big thing" from Apple -- finally taking the enterprise seriously. I trust it will deploy soon in other markets besides the US.
It honestly bothers me that it didn't reach 50 percent in 48 hours. This bug was unbelievably bad.
What about the MITM exploit? This affects virtually every aspect of the operating system, including Software Update. I have to say, I'm seriously considering downloading the combo updater over a friend's Windows machine and then transferring it to my Macs by USB key.
Carl Icahn sees nothing except money. If making it means destroying companies, he does it with abandon. The best example is TWA. He made around $470 million in personal profit . . . . and left TWA with $540 million in additional debt. There is no possible way in which that can be defended from an economic point of view -- Carl Icahn stole from the entire rest of the economy, because he could. Just as we should have asked 20 years ago whether the mobility of everyone...
Reason to vote against; Carl Icahn is living and walking proof of how legal bias in favor of the shareholders and against management, employees, customers and all other stakeholders harms the US economy.   Reason to vote for; if Apple keeps up its Montgomery Burns-level of tax avoidance, this is the quickest remaining way of getting this money back to the US.   Reason to be skeptical; just how much of Apple's cash hoard is directly due to tax avoidance?  The more that...
I'd hope that we'd get back to having four sustainable national companies. Industrialized economies with just three mobile operators almost invariably have huge rates and horrible service. You need the competition. T-Mobile/Sprint is slightly less offensive than T-Mobile/AT&T, which, combined with the market and regulatory situation at the time would have likely left us with just TWO national networks. Still, it locks us into three if we're lucky, and what's more...
Talk about a polar opposite to Browett. No louder way of admitting their previous strategy was wrong.