or Connect

Posts by NanoAkron

Why do assets have to fall into one neat category or another? Gold and silver used to straddle two categories, why can't bitcoin? What's wrong with speculating on value during these early days of price discovery whilst the network effect is teaching more people about what money actually represents and how the current central banking-fiat system is broken to the core.   The fact that people can travel the world and spend their bitcoins in more than 4000 locations today...
I've found the people who laugh the most at bitcoin are the ones who understand it the least. It's a peer-to-peer, distributed, cryptographically secure means of transferring ownership tokens. It just so happens that the tokens have a value attached to them in traditional currencies. A complete transaction ledger is always available meaning every token can be tracked. There's a hard creation limit meaning no inflation of tokens once fully established. And the...
Why not bitcoin? It's secure, truly peer-to-peer and as anonymous as you want it to be. The only thing is it breaks the hold of large centralised services such as banks, as well as the PayPals, Facebooks, Googles and Apples of this world, which is why they're all trying to create their own, platform-locked payment alternatives. I'll choose freedom, thanks.
 Well done on moving the goalposts. First it's the claim that keeping PayPal and Square on the app store but banning bitcoin is not hypocritical, but then you change it to 'well, bitcoin and legal tender are not the same thing'. Nice shift there. By the way, bitcoin is legal tender. As in, it's not illegal and it's a form of tender. And then you ignore the rest of my reply and try to put words into my mouth regarding a previous claim as to Apple's motives behind all of...
 Perhaps what I meant to say was 'double standards' - perfectly exemplified by the existence of PayPal & Square on the App Store, whilst bitcoin is banned. Has PayPal never been used for fraud or drugs? Has Square never processed a fraudulent credit card? To suggest they haven't is just wishful thinking. Silk Road was not a bitcoin exchange. Drug marketplace does not equal exchange, or do you not understand that? An exchange is where people buy and sell bitcoins for other...
 Again, you just have no idea do you. There is no 'Mr. Satoshi' and this doesn't matter. Do you fly because you know Frank Whittle invented the jet engine? Do you drive because Mr. Daimler invented the first car? Do people buy bitcoin because Mr. Satoshi invented them? Furthermore, If I held 30% of the gold in the world, I'd be sitting on a few trillion dollars - in theory. If I wanted to dump it all at once, do you think I'd get a fraction of its price? No - I'd be...
Where have governments banned bitcoin? As for prosecuting exchange operators, this is another area where you need to do your research. And which law(s) are they trying to stay on the right side of? Oh that's right - there's nothing questionable going on here. Except Apple's hypocrisy.
   Volatility - why is this Apple's concern?  No backing if someone steals your coins - what do you do if someone steals your wallet? Run to the bank and try to get your $100 bills back?  What if someone raids your account - this is one area that you may have some point, but why is this any of Apple's concern? Apple doesn't compensate you if your Lloyds bank account gets hacked. Lloyds does. Go on - what actual risk is there to Apple of accepting bitcoin wallets? It's...
 What risks? Seriously - It's. not. illegal. How many other ways can I say it? Explain to me how apple benefits from having personal banking apps.The risks for fiat currency are as plain as day.
I think this argument is coming to an end. We have a group of people who don't understand bitcoin and refuse to educate themselves on it, using hypocritical arguments to justify Apple's equally hypocritical decision and ad hominems against anyone who disagrees.