or Connect

Posts by Sunbow

Well see the following from Steve Ballmer on the importance of Advertising to MS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA9...eature=related It seems Advertising is the new policy, it seems to be more important than all matters of substance. Do we all think this is going to drive success? And for a further treat, why not check out his super motivational antics on stage... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsbo...eature=related Now why can't we all have a CEO like that?!
If you look at http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone you'll see they are offering (soon) a Pay & Go (prepaid) version of the iPhone 3G in the UK.
You make some good points and for use with AppleTV your thinking is fine. However, what about iPods? It is generally accepted that Apple use iTunes to sell iPods. Surely Apple would not want to go to the trouble of setting up a video rental system where you cannot take an iPod on a trip with a rented movie? If it really was the case that you had to watch it within 24 hours of download, there would be a major problem for iPod video users (unless they are the iPod touch...
Well, checks in Reading, UK on Saturday (late in the day) revealed two Carphonewarehouse Stores (within 2 mins walk of each other) packed with Customers and one salesman saying he was exhausted with the sales occurring that day, but with a big smile across his face! When asked if the iPhones had been selling well, there was an emphatic yes! The nearby Phones4U store had no Customers in it at the same time! It will be interesting to see the UK figures in due course but I...
But what may also be food-for-thought is that, as Apple only gets around 5% per item and the media company gets around 10x this, the media Company will be 'losing' more rapidly!
I think there is a lot in what you say. And those unlocking their phones are clearly going on a serious excursion from the clearly laid out agreement to go with AT&T. However, Apple have hinted that third-party development is not necessarily a bad thing. Moreover, Apple must be reasonable and proportionate and should continue to aspire to be at the top of customer care and service. Thus Apple (allegedly) telling people to buy another iPhone because they had the temerity to...
Quite! There's plenty of time yet for the negotiations to reveal further twists and turns. And he seemed to be telling Jobs to just accept all the TV companies want such as another outfit that are selling shows/movies at $20 a go! Just whose side is Forbes on? Clearly not the consumer. Woolley by name, woolly in thinking! And Woolley was also trying to claim Apple had been 'pious' and so on about it's news release about NBC wanting to charge over double the price for...
It would be handy if the phone could drop back to 2G when just making a call! And thereby save power. ie. it would be good if the phone only went up to 3G when a 3G-based function was used. I had a 3G phone in the UK before my current one and went back to 2G with my latest as the battery life was so much lower with 3G than 2G. To the point of being quite irritating, having to remember to charge it so frequently. I can see the heavy data usage of the iPhone though makes 3G...
I completely agree. However, if the movies had a 5.1 surround sound track that was merely streamed to the Apple TV for it to output as a digital stream via the HDMI connector to a Home Cinema sound decoder that would be great. The Apple TV would merely need to cope with having a regular stereo track as well for those that weren't set up to process 5.1 surround sound.
Fixing this could be somewhat attractive then!