or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

The non-inclusion of adapters and accessories has little to do with ecological reasons.  It has a lot to do with profit. My 15" MBPR was made so an Ethernet socket could not be accommodated.  If you want Ethernet you had to buy an expensive thunderbolt adapter, which is gouging given the purchase price of the computer.  I agree with you that many users might never make use of an adapter but a perfect compromise would have to been to just include a voucher redeemable in...
Before they came up with iOS and iGreed set in. My 3rd generation iPod came with a high quality case with clip, a dock, Firewire cable, mini Firewire adapter that doesn't fit anything I have ever encountered, a soft fiber bag, a power adapter, a very useful wired remote/headphone extender I used for many years in my car with the iPod connected directly to an amp. 
What are these potential interference factors that are actually known to audibly degrade analogue signals on headphone cables?  I have been using headphones with cables for several decades and have never encountered any interference or signal degradation other those caused by an actual break in a conductor.
F*** dongles!
Have you seen measurements of the signal quality output by iPhones?  Have you 'listened' to the analogue output of an iPhone?  If so, in what respect did you find it audibly deficient such that you think there is room for an audible improvement?
You get analogue output via the 3.5mm jack which comes via an audio amplifier section with volume control.  You get line-level output via the 30 pin or lightning connector which does not have volume control.  The line-level signal is designed for connecting to external audio equipment like a HiFi and is of a voltage not far off that which would correspond to 80% volume setting via the headphone socket. The line level output is therefore quite useless for driving headphones...
I believe it's line-level analogue audio.  Good luck with your hearing if connect that to your in-ear phones.
  Taking the digital audio stream from a lightning connector and doing the D/A conversion outside the phone can not improve audio quality over a standard headphone jack. What I would like to see is a new miniaturised headphone connector that works like mag-safe.  It would have a disconnection force that is less than that required to break average headphone cable conductor.  The earbud and headphone manufacturers wouldn't welcome it though.  I wouldn't be surprised if 70%...
Yes, I love the future too.  I love how the music I'm streaming via Airplay disappears when I  turn on the microwave or one of the kids starts heavy lifting on the WiFi.  And no, Bluetooth does not have the same audio quality as a pair of wires.
Your 'know" is equivalent to my "baseless supposition".  People and companies do like money, which is why they aren't going to manufacture and sell to Apple at a loss.  Plasma TVs were actually cheaper than LCDs, even though they had superior image quality. The reason for that was they were cheaper to make.  I think if OLED panels were as cheap to manufacture as LCD panels you would be seeing LG and Samsung busy decimating the conventional LCD TV market with competitively...