or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Quote:I don't trust what AI journalists write either.
It does seem a very curious thing to do.  According to Anandtech there are still advantages to using ARMs 64 bit architecture, but that doesn't sound like it would be the principle reason.  Maybe at some point Samsung will release an update that flips the 64 bit switch in Note 4s that have the chip.  It is a mystery.
Could you provide a link please.  I can find no reference to the iPhone.  The multiple accounts I have read all just say there was one thief and that the truck was recovered four days later because he managed to crash it into a utility...
Who said anything about scared?  Apple noted the trend to small light laptops in the netbook class, took the idea onboard and made a better product in the form of the Airs.  Same thing with 7" tablets.  Apple saw that they were becoming very popular so they developed the iPad mini.  Same again with phones - Apple clearly saw the considerable success Samsung had with the Notes and the general rising popularity of large screened phones made by Samsung and others,...
People see only what they want to see. 
I thought the idea was originally ARMs - you know - the BigLittle thing.  Not to mention Intel and AMD of course.
Yea, but here we have the  head of the shirt company loudly and publicly declaring that only the one size of the two particular styles of shirt they make are viable.  Then the same company turns around and does exactly what they, by implication, criticised other for doing - releasing shirts both smaller and larger than the sizes they had earlier claimed were the best.
I agree.  I was only pointing out that they actually had a 64bit processor on the market because the person I was replying to was making the claim they had yet to make one.  Can Samsung technically make a 64 bit version of Android or do they have to wait for Google to provide one? They do appear to be well on the way to Tizen 3.0 which will be 64 bit.  Personally I don't think phones need 64 bit processors as they are overkill.  It's a solution looking for a problem but it...
The revisionism going on is just amazing, isn't it?  Then of course there was the iPad, where Apple came up with the one and only size that was effective to use - until they saw Samsung, Nexus and other 7" tablets being adopted with glee by the public because the segment of the population who wanted to carry a tablet about with them found the smaller size preferable. Steve Jobs thoroughly trashed the idea of the 7" tablet - then Apple saw them selling well and joined the...
In the full suite of tests on the Anandtech site, the A7 was better in 18 benchmarks while the Exynon 5433 was better in 14.  Why is that pathetic?  It is clearly an extremely capable and fast processor, so is the A7.  Why do you feel the need to use stupid, emotive laden and inaccurate terms like 'pathetic'.  It's like looking at lap times on various circuits and claiming a Nissan GTR is 'pathetic' because it had a slower lap time around slightly more than half the...