or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Since you quoted a FUD BBC piece which was about a 'theoretical' vulnerability, I assumed you were including Europe's Chip and Pin implementation in your assertion of security vulnerability, which would be a mistake as the European implementation appears to be very secure. I accept that the North American implementation appears to be flawed.
 The incidence of Chip and Pin fraud appears to be utterly negligible and required flaws in terminal hardware together with considerable technical sophistication.  Trying to argue Chip and Pin is insecure is nothing less than FUD.  The terminal manufacturers and other related parties appear to have addressed the  issues that allowed the two or three instances of C&P security breach that have been reported.
 No contrast whatsoever.  Samsung Pay also uses NFC, so an S6 would be able to make an NFC contactless payment. The ability to use magstripe terminals is in addition to NFC capability.
Do you pay taxes at a fixed rate or as a percentage? Their are innumerable professions and services that are charged for as a percentage.  Real Estate agents generally charge a commission as a percentage of the sale price.  Why should ebay or every other auction house in the world charge on a percentage basis? I think Ericsson's point is that they offered Apple the same arrangement  other licencees currently accept.  Does Apple charge App creators a flat fee for their...
Apple is one of the greediest companies on the planet.  Greed seems to work for them.  Want that WiFi chip you paid for in you Macbook activated to N class - pay us extra.  Want to sell our phones - give us a percentage of your data revenues.  Want that Macbook Pro retina you paid thousands for to be able to use Ethernet - buy our dongle.
 Trying to argue smartphones are computers first and phones second is nonsensical.  The iPod Touch for many years was the near equivalent of an iPhone without cellular voice or data capabilities.  At no point have sales of the Touch been anything but a tiny fraction of iPhone sales.  It would seem then that the defining difference is a massive differentiator and is therefore clearly the primary function.
If Microsoft don't express an interest they are absolutely mad.  The HERE mapping and apps is the one reason I bought a Nokia phone; to use as a GPS.  I doubt I am the only person who's purchase decision was heavily influenced by HERE being part of the platform.  If Microsoft let someone else buy it they would be without any cartographic resources for their entire ecosystem as I believe even Bing uses HERE data.  I doubt anyone could re-create the HERE data set from...
In the previous article, we learned to our amazement, how the Watch was able to analyze people's DNA and alert them to potential defects - if you add the simple DNA  sequencing lab accessory. Now we learn the Watch can help people measure their blood pressure, with the addition of a blood pressure monitoring accessory.   In the next article, we will learn how the Watch is transforming medicine by doing MRI scans - when you add a simple MRI scanner accessory.  But...
The negative interest rates apply to European banks and the negative rate is aimed at persuading them to lend to stimulate economic activity rather than sit on it.  If they were giving it away i can assure you there would be no shortage of people to take it off their hands.
That is so funny.  A bit like asking a butcher if he thinks you should eat more meat.