or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

No it isn't.
You don't think that occasionally some people might consider job/life satisfaction to be a higher priority than absolute remuneration level?
Shhhhh.... keep this a secret. Don't tell anyone - 'they' are listening - it's much worse than you think.  'They' have infiltrated the USPTO too.  Taken it over completely.  'They' have even gotten into the Judiciary in the UK and Germany - replaced 'em with clones.  Remember that guy who claimed to have cloned human stem cells.  He was one of 'them' and he didn't stop there - and that disgraced thing was just a cover up so they could make it all go dark.  Be real careful...
Starting with a certain very large wafer fab in Austin Texas.
 As I have already said, and which Marvin has expounded on, the people who game on iOS exclusively are a completely different market to those who game on consoles. The scope, depth and immersive nature of the games is quite different. Yes, Nintendo will likely suffer but they have been on the way out for years. The Wii/U, as I have mentioned previously, attract a different clientele to the Sony/Xbox type consoles. People don't get into those systems because they want...
A8 gaming is limited by the graphics processing power of the PowerVR Series 6XT GX6650 GPU, which while very impressive, is still a battery powered device that can't match current generation mains powered desktop/laptop GPUs.  My MBPR has an Nvida GT 650M  which is a 45W device more or less comparable to what's in an Xbox One.  The PS4 GPU is more powerful still, and probably has on the order of 24 times the graphics processing power of a GX6650 GPU. The other big...
 In the 'what could Apple do with all that money category', I have for some years said Apple should put up a globe-spanning satellite network to provide their own high-bandwidth content pipes.
Well I would much rather use other metrics like GTexel/s a second and such, but those metrics aren't available for the SXT6 GPU's.
They are a larger market, but they are also a different market so an Apple TV that could do games is not going to be a console killer.  Anyone who wants to play Halo 5 Guardians, or Fallout, is not going to get an Apple TV as their primary console.