or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Apple.  Apart from A123, Apple has been said to be poaching engineers from Tesla and Samsung. I see a certain irony with that one.  In all three instances individuals with expertise in batteries have been targeted.
A123
Perhaps TSMC shouldn't have passed him over for promotion. What goes around...
 You have not answered my question and you are putting words in my mouth.  I have not knocked long term investments in equities.  I have said I think that currently the US equity market is seriously overvalued and represents a bubble.  I am not invested in that market but I have an interest as an observer due to the global knock on that usually follows its major excursions.  If I did have major investments in that market, I think I would be withdrawing to cash and waiting...
 I don't really understand these puts too well.  I imagine you would need some degree of accuracy in predicting the time of the correction event.  I am not confident I could do that.  I am putting my money where my mouth is, but in an entirely different manner. Yes, I want to become more wealthy, but I don't think gambling with someone who has the capacity to rig the game is a prudent way to do that. I know you know just a little about economics and am therefore quite...
Ok, here is your S&P500 Up, down, up, down, up... and logically the continuation of that sequence is up forever.  Silly  me, how could I not see the obvious.   If you start at 1995 and look at the average annual rate of growth of the positive slopes on the chart, it's 17.5%, which is unsustainable, hence the corrections.  The average rate of annual increase since 1995, taking all years into account, is 9.6%, which is near double this 5% you are touting. If you can look at...
But are all of Apple's overseas entities reported on and considered under your notion of 'company'? http://www.afr.com/news/politics/national/how-ireland-got-apples-9bn-profit-20140305-j7cxm
 I disagree with you.  The US stock market is a disaster waiting to happen.  It is a fat bloated bubble just waiting for the right pin.  For Apple shares to inflate to $150 would just be even more fuel waiting for the coming spark. Apple is a great company, but its share price will not be immune to the coming adjustment.  The only thing wrong with that chart is that the red line on the end didn't keep on going 12000 or so.  It wouldn't surprise me if some engineers were...
OLED life expectancy is good enough for TVs, so it isn't an issue for phones and tablets.  Why do you say Apple suppliers use blackmail whereas Apple uses bargaining pressure?
Margins on displays are too thin.  It's almost surprising anyone is still trying to manufacture the things.