or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Really? Here is a file I made.  It contains segments that are 223 kbps compressed AAC interleaved with the original uncompressed original.   If you can identify where the segments are by reporting the relevant time codes, I will believe you can hear the difference you claim to be able to.
I have a non-garbage system and I can't tell the difference between 256 kbps AAC and an uncompressed source.  Some time ago I made a test file containing segments of compressed and uncompressed source and invited people to download and listen to it and challenged them to say where the splices were.  No one has ever been able to do so by listening to the track.
falcon Youtube has never in my experience interrupted a playing video with an ad. How about in the memory of the device you are using? Nokia Mix Radio does just this and it's great.  You give it the name of one or more artists of interest and it will come back to you with a custom mix.  You can choose to have offline mixes and the app will save the mix so you can play it anytime anywhere for a period of time, after which the mix expires and is removed, and this is all...
That was earnings.  I bet their profit was somewhat less.
 How much did Apple pay for Lovine and Dre's contacts and abilities to negotiate, again?
 If Samsung were to use the word 'plus' as part of the naming of a future phone, they would of course have to be copying Apple, as no way would Samsung ever have thought to use the word 'plus' unless Apple pioneered such an incredibly innovative naming convention.  In war, truth is the first casualty. - Aeschylus
 Doesn't mean it wont, either.  No, but I couldn't source you a spec-sheet for the plasma panel in my Panasonic TV either.  I did find a 30,000 hrs spec for an LED backlit LCD monitor: http://www.webcitation.org/5xo6yCsg1 I can assure you the cfl back-lit LCD panel in my Powerbook Ti didn't get anywhere near 20,000 hrs before it's brightness was less than half that of when it was new.  Actually, as you probably know, it is near impossible to know what the capabilities of...
 No it isn't.  It's stating a basic truth.  Actually, if you want to get down to fundamentals, all 'digital' signals are actually analogue at the fundamental level.  We are talking about 1m cables, not ones measured in Km. I love your earbud example as it couldn't demonstrate the ludicrousness of your proposal more aptly.  The circuitry I said there was no room for in earbuds would appear to have been located in the the USB plug which is comparatively enormous:  What a...
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more about your call to ditch analogue audio.  You can't hear digitally encoded signals.  The end use of all digital audio is conversion to analogue. Having to put power handling, D/A converters and amps in every pair of headphones or earphones is utterly ridiculous and wasteful.  Not to mention divorcing an enormous number of existing audio devices that accept analogue inputs that in many cases can originate from a 3.5mm jack.  You wouldn't...