or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

I pretty much always hang up on answer machines. It's nice to leave those who use them guessing, though caller ID has taken the fun out of it a bit.
Lol - I am well aware of Apple's reasons for basing their EU HQ here.
 Amazing isn't it.  Apple have their European headquarters in Ireland, even used to manufacture some stuff here, and yet, there still isn't a single Apple store in the country. Yes, i would say 50:1
Like most of the other commentators here you don't get it.  You were in a room with individuals who all probably have 6 figure incomes and you think your sample is relevant?  Were any of those individuals wearing overalls or T shirts?  I would suspect not.  Would you conclude then,  that no one wears overalls or T shirts? My suspicion is that the figures reflect the very large number of people who don't have 6 figure incomes or share portfolios stuffed with Apple shares...
Only if they keep the analogue audio out!   If you think about 4K TV, I think a rather good way for Apple to spend a bit of their cash hoard would be to create a Satellite infrastructure capable of delivering very wide encrypted bandwidth to Apple devices, because the problem I see with most media markets is that they are insular, regionalised and fragmented.  If Apple had control of a massive world-spanning content pipe I think they could leverage that to their...
 I don't know if you have noticed this but that 'problem' you mention is actually a feature well and truly paid for by the consumer and they have every right to expect longevity.  You make it sound like it's a generous Apple freebie. I don't think there should be any time limit on security upgrades - well 10 years maybe.  If the door locks on your Toyota were under software control and an exploit was developed to render them ineffective at some point via say a phone app,...
Apple really shouldn't nickle and dime people like this, they do enough of that in other ways already.   I recently had cause to contact Apple support about my MBPR freezing on several occasions - needing a hard reboot.  They initially tried to fob me off by saying my product was out of warranty, which is ridiculous, because the 'fault' was caused recently by that buggy Mavericks - which is more like OSs that Microsoft used to make.  In other words, Apple broke my...
You seem to have 'values' and 'bigotry' confused.  Having glanced at some of your other posts, that would seem to be fairly typical.
Since Politics affects society fundamentally and a company like Apple and it's employees operate within society and form an intrinsic part of it, your wish is impractical at best. Could it be that  what you really meant, was that you would rather a company with the significant influence Apple obviously has, would not seek to oppose something you personally approve of? Just a theory, of course.
Take a long walk off a short pier.