or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Quote: If OLED still had a problem with the blues, then I think it would be showing up now.  It would fade with time and would be showing problems now, not suddenly fall off a cliff at 7, 10 or whatever magical period you can dream up. Why are you and others saying that OLED has this mysterious longevity problem making it unsuitable for use in laptop screens and TVs when you can walk into a shop and buy an OLED TV?  The current generation of OLED, which must be about five...
Yeah, sure. http://hdguru.com/lgs-ultra-high-definition-4k-oled-tv-price-leaked/
This is a load of nonsense based on a test done with the very first consumer OLED device, a near experimental TV released by Sony in around 2007.  There have been 7 - 8 generations worth of development in OLEDs since this single test was done.  My phone is near 5 years old now and there has been no degradation in the Blue in its OLED display. Here it is next to my MBPR.  The blue is still fine after 5 years of daily use: 
What, specifically, is it that you allege  I 'interpolated' trade secrets to, exactly?
Yes, really.  One of the main charges is that the employees Apple lured away misappropriated trade secrets, and that is mentioned in the article.  Apple hasn't been shown to have directed these employees to bring trade secrets with them, but the fact they targeted this one company for a significant number of individuals rather than approach those from a number of different companies does tend to allow a reasonable suspicion that it isn't just engineers with general skills...
 It does have a basis in fact, one of which is that Apple have chosen to settle a similar case brought against them by A123 Systems: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/37155/20150304/apple-wants-to-settle-poaching-lawsuit-filed-by-electric-car-battery-maker-a123-systems.htm
 Verifone have had a solution designed to do just that since 2008. 
Should I? I haven't followed the link so I don't feel qualified to comment.
Was that an attempt at comedy? Guns make it easier to kill people than just about anything else one could name.  The murder rate in the UK is 1 per 100,000 population. In the US it's 4.7.  That doesn't seem to support the idea of guns leveling any playing fields between the weak and the strong.  Rape statistics don't support your gun defense assertion either, in fact it's a complete nonsense.  The number of Police reported rapes in the US is 27.1 per 100,000 versus a near...
 Absolutely no argument there at all.  This started because I said I had a polycarbonate bodied Nokia and thought it would likely have fared as well.  Surprisingly, my Nokia also has a MB, Gorilla Glass 2 screen, and a large battery.  Having fired .22 LR ammunition from a rifle, at tin cans, wood and other sundry stuff, I would have no confidence in my Nokia or a 5C not being penetrated.  I haven't fired a 9mm but I have a suspicion the original assertion would not stand...