or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

That is not one of the edit points.  By that point in the file there had been a couple transitions already with there being several more to follow. I imagine there would be a quite understandable suspicion I might not be being entirely honest.  I will PM the list of timings to you if you want.  Thanks for having a go.
The line out from your classic would probably be indistinguishable from any CD player, so yes, using it as an input to a HiFi system is a very valid strategy.  I know I can't hear a difference between my 3rd gen. iPod and my CD player when I have compared them as sources on my system. You might also want to consider getting an Airport express as an input to a hifi as you can stream music to it from an iPhone or iPod Touch which can be very convenient as you can play AAC...
Great, you had a go, unlike a few people I could mention.  No edit at that point.  It's probably a mixing thing.  I will say that there are more than 6 spliced segments in the file. I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but actually, spare, classical and solo instruments are actually easier to compress than really busy music like heavy metal etc.  I originally thought it would be the other way round too until I did some research. Five years on and I still haven't found...
Listen to the file I uploaded and identify the splices then.
 The machinations and creative efforts Apple and others go to in order to minimise their tax are a lot more complicated than your simplistic example.  The IRS seems to think it has jurisdiction over the income of US citizens living and working overseas, so why should US companies be any different?
 I think I just heard Claude Shannon scream from his grave.
    Some time ago I created an audio file that had sections that were from a 223 kbps AAC rip of the original CD track and sections that were from a lossless WAV rip.  You can grab it here. I would be very interested to hear if anyone thinks they can discern where the quality transitions.
I would bet that $45 figure includes a lot of phones that don't run Windows Phone 8.1 and which still have the Nokia name on them.
It is a loophole; which is not the same thing as tax evasion.  A loophole is essentially a legally valid exploit that leverages an opportunity resulting in an outcome that was unforeseen or unintended by those who legislated the opportunity.   In Australia, Apple paid a paltry AU$80.3 M in tax on revenue of AU$6 Billion.  That is around 1.3% in tax I think.  The tax legislation which allowed that sort of outcome, was never formulated with the intent to legitimately allow...
Obama's fixing of the loophole of overseas profits is now going to see those who argued that Apple and other companies that were 'just doing what they legally could' suddenly find some other line of argument now, I suspect. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-31085912