or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Absolutely no argument there at all.  This started because I said I had a polycarbonate bodied Nokia and thought it would likely have fared as well.  Surprisingly, my Nokia also has a MB, Gorilla Glass 2 screen, and a large battery.  Having fired .22 LR ammunition from a rifle, at tin cans, wood and other sundry stuff, I would have no confidence in my Nokia or a 5C not being penetrated.  I haven't fired a 9mm but I have a suspicion the original assertion would not stand...
It isn't a gun free zone.  It is almost a hand-gun free zone though.  Farmers and some others can get firearm licenses and shotguns are probably the most common weapon as the restrictions on rifles are tougher. The UK has one of the lowest rates of homicides via firearm of any country at 0.04 deaths per 100,000 of population per annum.  Lets call that 1 death per 2.5 million people.  The US has about 71 homicides by firearm per 2.5 million.
He misses a lot.  He's also completely full of shit. 
 I think you have overdosed on cool aid:  I don't think that minimalist frame around three edges is going to do anything to stop a .22 and absolutely nothing in the case of a 9mm.
Clear Polycarbonate sheets are sometimes used as bulletproof glass and polycarbonate lenses in safety goggles are used because the material tends to deform rather than break.  Composites are materials comprised of two or more different materials such as fiberglass/carbon/kevlar composites where the materials are used with a resin like epoxy to form a composite material.
My Nokia 720 has a polycarbonate shell so it would probably have done as well.
I wonder if Google will make this flexible enough to incorporate alternative biometrics.  Fujitsu just launched a phone through NTT DoCoMo, the Arrows NX F-04G, which uses Iris recognition to unlock it and to authorise payments.http://www.computerworld.com/article/2921389/mobile-wireless/ntt-docomo-launches-smartphone-with-iris-unlock-feature.html   Samsung filed a patent for an Iris recognition system but hasn't incorporated such a feature in any phone to date.
 Some flashlights certainly are designed to accommodate multiple battery sizes. http://www.amazon.com/AOR-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Flashlight-ThisSuper/dp/B00L9IHW26
 I am very happy to hear that you have had such great news and a positive outcome.  May it continue.
'Your honour. My client maintains that removing the batteries is a non-obvious solution to the problem' 'Really?' There are some cylindrical devices called flashlights that have a lockout function that prevents accidental activation by slightly unscrewing one part to break an electrical connection. Some flashlights that don't have external switches are referred to as 'twisties' and are turned on and off by twisting two parts so an electrical connection is made. One...