or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Just what the world wants, an OS made by Huwai with built-in back-doors for the intelligence arm of the People's Army to exploit.  I'm so excited, where can I join the queue?    What are the Chinese government going to do in practical terms?  Tell Google do what we tell you or get out of China?  If I was Google I would tell them to FOAD, there's plenty of scope for us in India.
Have you used one yet?
GSM arena are claiming the specs have been pretty much confirmed:       Looks like it uses ARMs Big Little tech with A15 and A7 cores.  It will be interesting to see if that really does translate to decent battery life.   I am curious as to whether they managed the reported hexagonal pixels to achieve such a high density.  The initial benchmarks put it at being somewhat quicker than the HTC One.  
They already had their own OS - Bada - so they didn't need to spend money to acquire WebOS.
If the Soc is using Arm's Big Little tech, then unless ARM are being deceptive, it could have significantly better battery life than an iPhone 5 as ARM claim up to 70% power saving   Does the iPhone 5 have great battery life?  I saw a comparison review of it and an HTC One X and Nokia Lumia 920 phones on the Gadget show in the UK and they hammered the iPhone 5 for it's poor battery life in their real world testing    
  Of course, Samsung are clearly doomed!   http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/24/samsung-earnings-idUSS6E8H100T20130124   Of course being AI, we now have to point out the obvious that it was probably just 'shipped' profit versus Apple's superior 'sales' profit.
Gladly:     http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=european_union_parliament   You seem to suffer from the same hubris your government does, namely the belief that the laws of the USA should apply to everyone and every nation on Earth.  While I don't approve of bribery or corruption, they are standard fare in many countries and the legality or illegality is for those countries to determine via their legal standards, not the US.   Much as I detest the festering...
And would you say the same about Vodafone, who might well have more smartphone users than ATT and VZW combined?  48% of Vodafone subscribers in Ireland use smartphones, and that in a country in economic dire straits at the personal as well as national level.  The OP stated this handset would fail, because of how ATT and VZW operate.  I was just trying to point out that in global terms, they don't really matter and are not in any position to determine whether or not this...
  How are ATT and VZW  the biggest carriers in the biggest market when they actually rank 19th and 21st in number of subscribers in world rankings? The US market is often touted as being near saturation point, so it's growth potential isn't that great in world terms.   You should get out more.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators
We will likely soon find out when Samsung put their new Exynos chips with A7 and A15 cores into one of their phones.  Arm claims that up to 70% energy savings will be possible.