or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Actually, I would rate the US the worlds number one problem followed by radical Islamic fundamentalism followed by China.
Time to switch all manufacturing of all Apple products to India I think. Surely Apple has enough money to build the requisite factories.
Diamond is hard, but is also brittle, so might not be ideal. A good material for the back would actually be jade, being amongst the 'toughest' minerals known. It is also fairly hard and would not be easily scratched. Might be a bit expensive for margin obsessed Apple. A good synthetic material would be PSZ, an extremely 'tough' ceramic developed by the CSIRO in Australia.
Because the results speak for themselves. And 'why' does Apple have such exposure in the public eye? - because they are perceived as making higher quality products than their competition and people don't expect serious intrinsic faults in products they have paid thorough the nose for or that are from a company with a reputation for quality.Come off it. We are talking about intrinsic design flaws that should have been picked up in testing, not snafus on the production...
Well obviously in your opinion they shouldn't, but considering they are supposed to be making premium quality products sold at premium prices, yes I think they should spend more time and money on QC and product testing. I have a strong suspicion that Apples near pathological desire for secrecy is a factor that is limiting them field testing properly. Someone speculated that the iP4 antennae problem may have been undiscovered because the test examples were hidden inside...
I remember when we all used Macs that ran on Power PC chips like the G3,4 and 5's. Ah, those were the days. Those Macs outperformed their PC counterparts by massive amounts. We know this to be true because Apple told us it was. Those chips had 'velocity engines' which made them much faster where it counts. Guess who told us that? We don't need devices that can render Flash on websites either. Oh yes, open standards are a good thing - Flash is bad because it isn't...
You quite obviously don't know much about Apple's recent history with new products. Their QC testing of designs is not very good. iPhone DST alarm bug iPhone 4 antennae iPhone proximity sensor iPad WiFi issue Macbook unibody audio Macbook unibody auto-eject headphone socket Macbook unibody Super drives 27" iMac screens -cracks - flickering Racoon iMac screens 20",24" Time capsule power supply and on, and on, and...
Yea, and AI was more than happy to publish a piece of garbage, masquerading as a scientific assessment, reporting that the display on the Nexus One only had a 16bit display. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=107290 Now AI are getting their nickers in a twist when someone else publishes an inadequate appraisal of a technical matter - ha ha - what goes around...
This sounds incredibly useful, the number of times I have needed to use another mac....oh wait, I haven't, that's why I bought a Powerbook that's portable....forget it - stupid idea.
I hate iPhoto. I'm an active photographer and this is an awful program. The sheer stupidity of an app that imports your photos into an internal database thereby doubling up on disc space usage and doubling file management duties - rather than just allowing you to tell it where you choose to keep your photos and to just live with your decision and go with it. They keep doing this sort of thing with iTunes. I remember one iteration that had a genre pane you could not...