or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Gladly:     http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?entity=european_union_parliament   You seem to suffer from the same hubris your government does, namely the belief that the laws of the USA should apply to everyone and every nation on Earth.  While I don't approve of bribery or corruption, they are standard fare in many countries and the legality or illegality is for those countries to determine via their legal standards, not the US.   Much as I detest the festering...
And would you say the same about Vodafone, who might well have more smartphone users than ATT and VZW combined?  48% of Vodafone subscribers in Ireland use smartphones, and that in a country in economic dire straits at the personal as well as national level.  The OP stated this handset would fail, because of how ATT and VZW operate.  I was just trying to point out that in global terms, they don't really matter and are not in any position to determine whether or not this...
  How are ATT and VZW  the biggest carriers in the biggest market when they actually rank 19th and 21st in number of subscribers in world rankings? The US market is often touted as being near saturation point, so it's growth potential isn't that great in world terms.   You should get out more.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators
We will likely soon find out when Samsung put their new Exynos chips with A7 and A15 cores into one of their phones.  Arm claims that up to 70% energy savings will be possible.    
The NSA hacked/spied on Airbus negotiations with a large potential customer and passed the information on to Boeing and McDonal Douglas to help them win the enormous contract.   Pot, Kettle, black.
Who are VZW and ATT, and why should I care?  In what way do they determine the success or failure of this phone in the global marketplace?
And you are jealous, and it shows.
That isn't true.  Samsung is by far the largest manufacturer of OLED panels for phones by a wide margin.  A couple years ago, they actually downgraded the screen in their Wave 2 model to an LCD, when the original model had an OLED screen.  They did this to divert OLED production capacity to the Galaxy S II to meet demand.  Samsung couldn't have met Apples requirements and their own, so it doesn't really matter that Apple had the money, Samsung didn't have the...
Ahhem...     The problem, as I said, isn't intrinsic to the OLED technology, but rather the way it is implemented.  Samsung is lazy and is doing it's customers a disservice by not calibrating the OLED screens in their phones.  What they should do is provide a control panel feature that woud allow interested users to calibrate the screens themselves.  The OLED screens Samsung produces have a wider colour gamut than the IPS screens Apple uses.  This ought to provide them...
You and Tim both suffer from the same misunderstanding about the colour accuracy of OLED panels.  They are not intrinsically inferior to other technologies, they are actually potentially superior, being generally capable of reproducing a wider colour gamut than LCDs.  Dell have some wide gamut special panels for laptops with a gamut of 92% of NTSC color space with a contrast ratio of 1000:1.  Samsung's OLED Tv on the other hand has a colour gamut of 107% of NTSC and a...