or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

It is a popular misconception that trolls need two legs to stand on. They actually have superb balance and often do better on one leg than many non trolls do on two. In the wild, trolls have occasionally been observed to bite one of their own legs off in order to exploit this advantage.
Apple don't do 'free.'
No, I don't believe in the market. The idea of the free market has failed spectacularly on several occasions. Again, no, I mean something like an adjunct to the patent office. Software is different because it is very akin to trying to patent a thought process, logical thought or language. Why not grant an author a patent on the use of a detective with ideosyncratic behaviours? Software has always had the protection of Copyright to protect it from piracy
I beg to differ. The idea of patenting things which appear in nature, the existence of which did not come about through any intellectual endeavour of man is one; and the patenting of software is another. I would add to that allowing a patent holder to set the price for use of an idea, rather than having the fee determined and set by a third party is another flaw.
An Israeli company claiming someone else is using their IP without paying for it is actually almost funny. In 1968, Mossad stole 250,000 blueprints for the Mirage III jet fighter from French company Dassault and then put them into production. What's hebrew for hypocrisy? Is it anything similar to chutzpah
This is about the morality and perception from the point of view of an owner. It is not about splitting some nano scale technical hair about which chip held what capability. I can just see it now, a disgruntled and pissed off Touch owner being told - 'Hey, chill dude. Yes I know the iPhone users get the OS update for free, and you have to pay $10 for it just to be able to use the Bluetooth you already paid for, but it's not like it was on a separate chip man. That...
How about Apple have done this before? Apple sold a version of the iPod Touch which had a bluetooth chip inside without telling purchasers. They then later said they could activate the bluetooth by paying $10 for new firmware.
I saw a black cat on my windowsill today I asked it if it intended to purchase an iPad. I think it probabaly will as it replied 'Mrrrow', most emphatically. Just thought everyone would want to know as I think it was highly significant.
Perhaps he should have said announced, rather than release. However, he was perfectly correct in that the information about what the iPad is and does has been released and the markets are now able to use that information. It is the release of the information, rather than the physical product, which is important in this issue.
When the 2G iPod Touch was released, it had the hardware to enable bluetooth but it was not functional. Touch users who wanted to enable the hardware had to pay $10 for new firmware that would enable the bluetooth.http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=3988 My comment was mostly tongue-in-cheek humour. The iPad could ship with a camera that was not enabled by the firmware and Apple 'could' then charge for new firmware to enable it. There is certainly a historical precedent...