or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

Given the state of world economies at the moment, advocating the opening shot in a major trade war isn't going to do Apple or anyone else any good. Given the mood of some politicians in the US towards Apple's tax exploits, I would have thought it unwise of Apple to constantly be calling for more and more effort by the federal government on it's behalf.  I am surprised Obama didn't tell Tim Cook that if he wanted a speedier response to litigating patent issues, he ought to...
Not necessarily.  Apple will still need an operational base inside the EU.  People who are suggesting  the Cayman islands, Bahamas, and such like, don't understand the basics.  Ireland's attractiveness was as base of operations within the EU that had a low corporate tax rate.  if they were outside the EU they wouldn't have use of the basic loopholes they were exploiting, which were free trade within the EU and only being obliged to pay tax in the EU member state in which...
 Apple employs about 4000 people in Ireland.  It's going to look really cool if Apple says 'stuff that, we like our tax rorts', fires everyone and goes looking for another tax lurk elsewhere.  Ireland needing to be bailed out had next to nothing to do with the corporate tax rate.  It came about because some politicians panicked over bank debts and promised to guarantee all creditors before finding out the scale and nature of the problem first and having a look under the...
You are wrong. Queen Elizabeth II, Nov 1972: "I think that everybody really will concede that on this, of all days, I should begin my speech with the words 'My husband and I'".
I agree, and not least because she realises women need and carry handbags. 
Given the UK's stringent consumer protection, why would you fork over the money?  I believe the UK legislation doesn't state a specific time limit but does state that if a product fails sooner than would be reasonable to expect, taking into account the nature and cost of the item, then you can demand it be fixed. Given what Macbook pros cost, less than 3 years use would be well inside the period one could reasonably expect given the nature of the product and especially the...
Thank you for confirming my point.
A ton of them aren't.  There have been occasions where Samsung phones like the Galaxy S3 have outsold the iPhone in the US, so they are clearly selling plenty of their top end models.
Apple would charge you $6,400 for that.
Let's see, Samsung make nearly all the mobile processors Apple uses and they make most of the processors used in their own phones, except those sold in the US.  Samsung sales of phones worldwide in 2013 are projected by Gartner to be 300M and yet we have these amazing graphs in this article suggesting Apple is making more revenue from phone processors than Samsung.   I don't believe it.  Although Samsung uses Qualcomm processors in some models, they may well be actually...