or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

The topic under discussion is digitally delivered goods - try again.
What a very polite way to describe gouging.
Only if the goods you are buying were manufactured using Australian labour, which in this case they were not.  We are talking about goods imported into Australia that were manufactured where labour costs are lower.
You don't seem to understand about exchange rates.  Actual exchange rates have a real bearing on the cost of items in the real world, notional values don't.  Currently, and as has been the case for some time, the Australian Dollar has had a higher value vs the US dollar in real terms, so all else being equal, a digitally conveyed item should be cheaper in Oz than in the US.
The Australian government should amend their own legislation.  They have been allowing copyright to be used to restrict importing of products and allowing monopoly distributorships.  To blame Apple is disingenuous.    
Just works, does it?  Not according to this article I happened upon. www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/20/apple_fails_at_cloud_leaving_market_open_to_android/
How do you know when they first attempted to negotiate a settlement with Apple?  I don't see a date mentioned in the article.
Member states have to enact Directives.  They have to at least meet all aspects of the directive and in the case of the particular directive in question, they can enact legislation to provide greater protection than that dictated, but not less.  If Germany has enacted laws that do not fully enact the directive, they are in breach and can expect a fine.  You are perfectly correct about the burden being on the seller, but Apple itself is a high volume seller through it's...
  Have you looked at the state of US government debt lately?   Most western democracies are suffering a seemingly endemic problem of their operating costs greatly exceeding their revenue.  My personal view is that this is to a large degree because large corporations are minimising the tax they pay by choosing to base operations in countries with the lowest corporate tax rates they can find.  This is perfectly legal, but also immoral.  I don't know what the solution is but...
And you have beautifully illustrated why Apple is getting a rap over the knuckles.  Those so called 'geniuses' are making misleading statements.  The relevant EU directive does not state anything about the defects having to be present at the time of purchase.  The directive in question state:     http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31999L0044:EN:HTML   So, given the premium price of most Apple products and their often touted quality, a consumer...