or Connect

Posts by cnocbui

I think the Belgians should be on the lookout for a convoy of Minis being driven cross country with verve.
My iPod would have been unusable as of several years ago had I not done a battery replacement myself. Which, I might add, involved having to remove nearly 2mm worth of motherboard and removing a fair percentage of the insulation around the battery in order to get it to fit.
We are actually about 85% in agreement. My only point with Flash, and Java even more so, was that "I" think the netbook market is a very significant one that I think Apple would want to address with a tablet device, since they have nothing else at the moment. To address that market I think you need full internet capabilities. I agree, the tablet would have to be a multi-purpose device with a myriad of possible uses to succeed. Most of those wouldn't need F&J, as you...
A few years at best. The fifth generation iPod introduced in 2005 and in production till late 2007 also did not meet it's stated battery longevity.How many decades would that be, or are you exagerating slightly? In the last couple of years, I will grant you, Apple's claims of battery life have been very good to the point of being understated, and I commend them for that, but let's not whitewash the past.Batteries which are built in are about as integral a part of the...
This wonderful display port thingy, would that be anything like the one I have on my Unibody Macbook that doesn't allow you to connect it to anything else without buying a bag full of adapters?Would that be after Toshiba LED the way and showed them the light? Glossy screens anyone - oh what an innovation, a screen that has to be angled to a perfectly sub-optimal angle because the optimal viewing angle and that at which most reflection occurs is coincident. Well done...
The rumours suggest the iTab is likely to be launched early in 2010. Whatever the merits of HTML5 over Flash, the reality is that the Internet will be scarcely any different then, than it is now. The iTab will have to face the web of today, when it launches, not that envisioned for tomorrow. Today it has flash and Java. Let me put it another way; If the new iMacs and Macbook Pros didn't have Flash or Java - of which SJ said "Java's not worth building in. Nobody uses...
Sorry if you couldn't comprehend what I wrote.Apple traditionally does leading edge software, not hardware. The iPhone is a good example.If it doesn't have OSX, there will be little point to it, IMO.
One of the most obvious raisons d'ĂȘtre for the tablet I can think of is to take on the net book market. I don't see that as being doable without flash. A semi-internet capable device just won't excite. The other huge market potential and one I have a suspicion the device might be aimed at, is the medical field. If my guess is correct, then the graphics and display capabilities would need to be impressive. I am of two minds about this. On the one hand I can see reasons...
Many of their phones run their own 'Touch Wiz' UI and they have developed their own OSAny chance there will be a gold plated bling offering called the Bad-Ass Couldn't resist. I think Samsung are hoping to create an ancillary revenue stream such as Apple have done with the App Store. Since the iPhone has Unix at it's heart and so will Bada, how difficult would it be for developers to port versions of their apps over to the new platform?
No, the lack of a difference is a result of there not being one.