or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

Good work!  I'm glad we've got 'nerds' like you around 
I quite agree with you.  And I might go a step further, because it seems that 9 times out of 10, these theoretical vulnerabilities are found in an Apple platform and the tech press creates a bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing.  I'd be pleased to see Apple Insider document this phenomenon of theoretical threat versus in-the-wild reality.  Today's DED story is like the exception that proves the rule, because in general this phenomenon is used to create anti-Apple FUD.
No, the rumored iWatch does not feel PDA-ish to me.  Apple touted handwriting recognition on the Newton, but no one has heard what Apple will tout for the iWatch.  I speculate that the iWatch will be very Jobsian, meaning they're thinking about how it can enhance our lives by applying advanced electronics technology to human lives.  In contrast, the Newton always seemed geeky to me, engineer-driven with insufficient consideration of the humanities.  Newton seemed like...
SolipsismX's response was exactly right, except that the original poster's name was "ManFromMars".  In other words, he was sharing his perspective with us, which indeed looks like the perspective of someone living on a different planet  
Good point.  A little nit-picky, but I agree with you.  AI editors, are  you listening?
 I for one, appreciate that AppleInsider lets me know about Ming-Chi Kuo's reports.  No, it's not gospel, but it's a very accurate insider's opinion.  If I couldn't get this information from AI, I'd look for it elsewhere.  These reports are indeed speculative, but they're some of the most informed speculation we have until Cupertino itself delivers the actual gospel.
If I can't feel sympathy for people who are less sophisticated than I am, why should people who are more sophisticated than me ever feel sympathy for me?  Perhaps I'll never need any sympathy because I'm perfect?
With due respect, I want to complain about AI's headline. It's true, the video shows the panel being destroyed by a car (or heavy truck), but that's only AFTER the video shows the panel surviving quite a number of dramatic tests. I think the video shows us that almost nothing can break the sapphire panel, but AI's headline tells us that the panel is breakable, and it falsely implies that the panel might be not that hard to break.
 Really?  I haven't seen this guarantee.  As a shareholder I certainly hope you're right, but I don't remember anyone giving me any kind of guarantee!
Gosh, I don't see it that way.  I happen to be an American, and in all the interactions I've had with Mr. Cook () I feel like he's treated me respectfully.  In contrast, in most of the encounters I've observed between Mr. Cook and Android, Cook seems to be, figuratively speaking of course, spitting on them!