or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

I think the answer is, when we look at the established leader (iPod) we tend to focus on what's missing, whereas when we look at the challenger (Zune) we focus more on what's there. I think this difference implies that if we did an objective feature comparison of both, Zune has a long ways to go to be a contender. Just my 2 cents.
But gosh! You seem to be such a fervent believer in the subscription model that it sounds like you have a personal interest in seeing it succeed. You said you've talked people into trying out the service. Do you have a financial interest in this?
Here in the States some of us think of Tom Waits as our poet laureate and he says: [CENTER]Boney's high on China White Shorty found a p-p-punk Don't you know there ain't no Devil There's just God when he's drunk[/CENTER] So of course Microsoft aren't the Devil, cause there is no Devil! But M$ are indeed the embodiment of corporate evil in the tech sector, so cut Prince some slack ... he's got every right to hate them as much as he wants!
Great time to sell! M$ has nowhere to go but down ...
Nice article. I myself saw Spamalot last night, which is Monty Python's Holy Grail on stage. Remember the Black Knight? King Arthur has chopped both his arms off, and both his legs off for good measure, but the Black Knight keeps on valiantly fighting, shouting: "Come back here you coward ... I'll bite your foot off!" Steve Balmer and M$ are not any more bizarre than the Black Knight, but I think they're about the same.
Sure, it only buys time, but doesn't that make it kind of like eating and breathing and ...
You apparently weren't paying attention to what Apple was telling the public. It was AFTER they thought his weight-loss was due to hormone imbalance (nutritional deficiency) that they told us the problems were "more complex" than originally thought, AND that Jobs was taking a six month leave. At that point, all half-way intelligent adults knew that Jobs was dealing with something a bit more serious than a hang-nail. We had no need for the details, but based on what we...
I was disappointed to read this in the NY Times, and even more here in AI. Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but my recollection is that first, Apple said Jobs' weight loss was due to a "hormone imbalance". Then, a few weeks later, they elaborated only a tiny bit and said the problem was "more complex" (than the hormone imbalance). I have no reason to believe that when they said "hormone imbalance" that they knew it was more complex. That sort of confusion...
Comparing the iPhone's single-tasking with the Mac Plus is not valid. The Mac Plus was single tasking because that's all it was capable of! The iPhone is single-tasking (at the user level), because Apple disagrees with you about battery draining. These are completely different reasons for single-tasking. Back in the 80's, Apple was hamstrung if you will, working from a position of weakness, whereas today they're in a position of strength. It's perfectly okay that...
You're correct. Technically speaking, talkshowonmute didn't actually leave a comment, he only left a "meta-comment". Better send him to the first-time-meta-commenter office.