or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

My Ignore List just got a new entry ...
That's right. And it's also why "no one goes to that club anymore; it's way too crowded!"
Okay; I removed my ad hominem. But I take offense when you say my head's probably exploding now. It's not. I don't know the precise details of why Apple didn't previously provide multi-tasking. I for one have never railed against it or said it was completely unnecessary. I don't think Apple has either. I've always accepted that it's not a black and white world. Through their actions, Apple has clearly said that in the iPhone's early phases, Apple didn't see...
You don't sound weird to me.
You're "horrified" by what might happen on laptops that don't yet exist? I think you could use a bit of perspective. You do know what's going to happen at the end of your life, right? I guarantee you, that is going to happen!
No need to name-call. Different people have different levels of sophistication in different areas of life. Cut him some slack and allow him to get educated.
This is simple business. Apple competes with Samsung in some ways and has a mutually beneficial relationship in others. There's no reason to think any rivalry is personal (unlike Apple and Google). As shareholders, we absolutely do not want Apple to "cut off its nose to spite its face".
It warms the cockles of my black little heart to see such corporate desperation!
Uh, I don't know; looks like maybe I am. I'm not going into low-level details, but from the big picture I think two things are true and very important: 1. Apple re-invents user interfaces and the whole world follows. 2. Apple is more savvy about IP law than they used to be And the conclusion I draw from the above two premises are: APPL shareholders will make a boatload of $
Seems to me that Apple learned lessons from the Mac GUI back in the 1980s and therefore they are not doomed to see history repeat itself. They've once again re-invented the UI of a major electronic device, but this time Apple will be the ones to fully monetize this valuable innovation. So you got it right: Go Apple!