or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

You seemed so sure of yourself and knowledgeable that I wasn't inclined to question you.  Nevertheless, I went over to store.apple.com just to check some details, and they say that all the iMacs and MacBook Air and MacBook Pro use the i5.  Am I missing something here?  It looks like one of Mac Minis uses an i7, and the Mac Pro uses something else (presumably even more powerful).   So if I combine what you say with what the Apple store says, the current ARM chips are almost...
And why would Apple have to move its entire Mac line to ARM?  Is it possible that some more economical Macs would be ARM-only, thereby maintaining excellent profit margins and battery life?  And possibly higher end Macs might have ARMs and Intel chips, thereby running IOS, OSX and Windows software?   A "complete mess"?  Is that possibly just a bit of hyperbole?  The original Mac OS ran simultaneously on Motorola and PPC for a while.  OSX ran on PPC and Intel.  And since...
The writers at AI do their best.  Most of them didn't get job offers from the NY Times ;=)
I can't argue with your arithmetic, but I enjoy the recollection that there was something of a Mexican standoff between Steve Balmer and Tim Cook.  Balmer said, "The iPad needs Office so we won't pay you the 30%.  You'll give us a better deal because we're special."  And Tim Cook responded with:  "Office needs the iPad and Microsoft is not special;  you're just another developer."  We didn't see Office on the iPad for a long time after that, but now Redmond blinked and...
Patience, grasshopper.  Good things come to those who wait.  Everybody else can buy Samsung ;=)
 I think there's an article in Apple Insider somewhere about a buzz that's growing in China about demand for larger-screened iPhones.  Doesn't that constitute "information" that Apple might be able to sell more iPhones if it offers a larger model?
Heard it 3rd party, eh?  I'm thinking the creator of that story has quite an imagination, albeit an unattractive imagination.
Steve Jobs was the same age as me.  I remember growing up here in California, and one of my rock music heroes (Frank Zappa) lectured us and said advertising was fundamentally evil.  He said they were tricking us into buying shit we absolutely did not need and would not make our lives better.  I don't know if Jobs was a Zappa fan, but I'm convinced Jobs sincerely believed his products would make people's lives better.   Ireland is right, they're all selling.  And I think...
 Did you watch the video with Allison Johnson?  Do you think Steve Jobs hated Allison Johnson?
 I agree.  Excel is like a truck and Excel experts are like truck drivers.  The world needs trucker drivers and Excel experts, but I'm glad I'm not one of them and I think Apple is perfectly OK with not catering to them ;=)