or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

I think it is just  you (and the other negative people).  The way I see it, Apple will show us the premier, state-of-the-art tablet.  It will be the best tablet on the market for the next 12 months.  If you care about technology and tablets, this should be an interesting presentation. You don't think there's somewhere else to go to see next year's tablet do you?  Microsoft?  Samsung?  Remember, they present theirs after Apple, not before.  Yes, the presentations are...
Regarding 64-bits, Qualcomm sounds just like Samsung as described by Jean-Louis Gassee: It's nothing. You don't need it. We'll have it in six months.
 I myself am a long-term Apple customer (30 years) as well as a long-term AAPL investor (15 years), and I'm pleased with how things have worked out on both counts.  Icahn definitely doesn't speak for me as a customer; I don't think he has any expertise in this area.  However as an investor, I'm comfortable with Icahn being an outspoken, intelligent spokesman for the investment community.  I'm quite confident that Tim Cook won't be steamrolled by one bully.  But I'm also...
 Bingo!  The difference between Apple and Google in a nutshell.
 You're using the wrong word here and it gives away your bias.  Apple doesn't play with its channel inventory, it manages it.  If Apple allowed the stock of the 5 to be high just when the 5c was launched, they would be conducting their business poorly.  Likewise, if they didn't ship enough 5c's to keep retailer's shelves as full as possible, they wouldn't be doing their job.  Apple is doing its job like a responsible corporation should.  Armchair and professional analysts...
  I think you make a good point.  Samsung may succeed with this watch.  Seems like they've failed twice, but it is possible third time's a charm.  Samsung has tremendous resources and nobody inside or outside Samsung knows for sure if this smart watch will succeed or fail.   That said, Apple has a strong track record with innovative, radically new products.  If I had to bet, my money would be on Apple based on their track record and their culture of innovation.  Only time...
  No, I don't know what comes next.     I see no significant evidence that Cook can't execute.  It's a given that he's imperfect and it's a given that he's not Steve Jobs.  But I see no other candidate that's even close to Cook.  I see the criticism of Cook as a side-show that doesn't contribute to our understanding of Apple and the industry.     In the military when someone criticizes but has no alternative, they call them "ankle-biters".  These people whine that the...
  Who do you recommend?  Give us at least one name of who would be a better CEO than Tim Cook.
  Well enlighten us.  Why are iPad numbers down?
  I quite agree.  And frankly, I don't understand the impatience of some enthusiasts on this site.  It's a hell of a lot of work to create these amazing new products that are so close to flawless.  It's going to take Apple the time it takes to get it right.  So if they released something before it was ready, it'd be buggy, it would damage their reputation, and perhaps worst of all, it would make Apple more like Microsoft and Google!  I definitely want Apple to take their...