or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

I don't think you're naive.  I think you're hitting the nail on the head!!!
  With due respect, I don't see it that way.  I hold enough AAPL that it's a significant part of my net worth, so like others, I've lost quite a bit of wealth in the past few months.  Nevertheless, I'd be seriously disappointed in Tim Cook if he were to bow down before Wall Street.  Part of what makes Apple Apple is that it navigates by its own north star and it (mostly) ignores Wall Street.  I hope this doesn't change.   That said, I also hope for and expect a larger...
  I don't game but my 17 year old son is an avid gamer.  He tells me iPhones and iPads and iPod Touches won't work well as a traditional game controller, because the gamer wants to have his eyes on the big screen (presumably the HD TV set), while his hand are on the controller, doing things by feel.  This makes sense to me.  I've never seen a gamer constantly moving his attention back and forth from game to controller.     I hear that a new Nintendo system...
  Bingo!  Up until now, iOS games have been limited to casual gaming.  With a quality controller and AppleTV, iOS can compete directly with the consoles.  Very good news!
  It seems to me we're really in unchartered territory.  As much as I dislike advertising, I'm happy to see Facebook jump into the arena.  As others have pointed out, they have 1B users, and presumably some of them will like the idea of a FB phone.  I see it as threatening Google, since Google and FB compete so fiercely for eyeballs and advertising dollars.  But does it threaten Apple?  I don't see it.  I see it as just that much more fragmentation of Android which I...
  I thought I'd have a look at some of MacRulez' 2000+ posts and what I found surprised me.  I could find posts for the last three months, but prior to that, he's got a large number of deleted posts going all the way back to 2010.  As far as I can tell, every post of his from 2010, 2011, and most of 2012 has been deleted.  That looks suspicious to me, but it's definitely confusing.  Does anyone have a good explanation?  
  I don't think Tim Cook's days are numbered.  It was a mistake to hire Browett, but Cook corrected that mistake in a reasonable period of time.  He also fired Forstall which probably should have happened sooner.  But we might say Cook was cleaning up after Jobs' mistake in this case.   As far as the stock, yes, it's down, but that's the market's fault, not Apple's.  Apple has reasons to want the stock to go back higher, but they're not desperate about it the way some...
The asymco chart is nice enough, except that it shows no data from 2012 which is the most important data as far as what's being decided now. Doesn't AI have access to more current data?
  Right.  Microsoft was a competitor.  Some analysts used to think they were a significant player ;=)
  He's exaggerating.  Apple had a leadership position ten years ago in MP3 players and it was competing with plenty of heavyweights.  Apple's management is more experienced than Milunovich gives them credit for.