or Connect

Posts by delreyjones

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting ...
Makes sense to me:  "This friggin' thing is malfunctioning!  It's not functioning like an iPad!" 
  Racist?  Perhaps.  I don't think that kind of generalization helps very often.     But as to your question, yes, I disagree.  I think Sony has a nice history of innovation and Microsoft has shamelessly copied Apple.
  I think he's kinky  ;)
Horace Dediu at Asymco has done a great job correlating Apple's capital expenditures with IOS device sales.  You're correct, the expenditures do come earlier, but Dediu has made a strong case that they come approximately one quarter earlier, not a full year.
Growth is not a bubble.  A bubble is when prices go up incommensurate with the underlying growth or value.  This is the real deal.
  And, according to GeekWire, the Apple TV outsold the XBox 360 last quarter.  Isn't the XBox "proof" that Microsoft can do hardware?
Very cool.  You got a photo of Steve Jobs back in 1998!
  With due respect, I don't see it that way.  In the mobile world, there's no "going back to Microsoft stuff" because Microsoft has never had a meaningful presence in mobile; they have no traction there.  In my opinion, in the late 1980s and early 1990s, NeXT had a superior product in the desktop world, but also no traction.  Back then, Apple had sufficient traction and Microsoft had near-complete lock-in, which, as you point out, they exploited.  But NeXT had no traction...
Is it just me, or does Ballmer remind anybody else of Monty Python's quadriplegic Black Knight, screaming at Apple:  "Come back here  you coward; I'll bite your ankles off!"